Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My 2011 Wrangler Unlimited just crested the 100k mile mark. As it gets older I want to make sure it gets ample time to warm up before the short drives I have to make in the winter.

I am looking to install an aftermarket remote start (preferably on my own - I have some experience in auto electrical).

I am hoping to find recommendations on here as to what system to use and any warnings or thoughts you may have on the install.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
fortin remote start is easy to setup. If you dont have auto locks/ power windows you will have to get a remote too

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did the fortin on my 2016 JK. I recommend spending the little extra up front and getting the two way system. Has about 1/4 mile range and the remote will tell you if your Jeep started. Don’t need line if site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Hello All,

My 2011 Wrangler Unlimited just crested the 100k mile mark. As it gets older I want to make sure it gets ample time to warm up before the short drives I have to make in the winter.

I am looking to install an aftermarket remote start (preferably on my own - I have some experience in auto electrical).

I am hoping to find recommendations on here as to what system to use and any warnings or thoughts you may have on the install.

Thanks
I got mine from Scott Anderson on this site. It's a Fortin and he makes it plug and play. Too easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts