Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey eveyone - really hoping someone on here has crossed this bridge already. To my surprise it seems i have some kind of sensor on the underside of the drivers seat foam. Can anyone tell me if i can use the mastercraft baja rs i just got for a song?

I have looked around and see talk about advance multistage airbag sensors but no details on where they are on the seat or seat frames, no pictures showing them, no photos of this thing plugged in to the center of my seat bottom. I don't have factory heated seats or supplemental airbags. Help - please

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The Occupant Detection Sensor is located on the seat cushion, under the seat covering. The
Seat Track Position Sensor is located on the inboard side of one of the seat adjuster tracks on the driver and passenger side front seats.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KiK - i actually saw a few of your posts regarding similar discussions and hoped you would chime in. Any idea of making an aftermarket seat work? Buy another occupant sensor and install into mastercraft? I really expected the passenger side to have something like this but the drivers side -i don't understand. Any thoughts greatly appreciated -

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Might call Mastercraft and see what they think. If it is a pad, maybe they can build it into the seats when you order them. Surely they have dealt with the issue before.

Sorry, didn't see you had the seat already. I'd give them a call anyway.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Thanks KiK - i actually saw a few of your posts regarding similar discussions and hoped you would chime in. Any idea of making an aftermarket seat work? Buy another occupant sensor and install into mastercraft? I really expected the passenger side to have something like this but the drivers side -i don't understand. Any thoughts greatly appreciated -
I don't have the answer, but I agree with contacting Mastercraft. I'm sure this is a common issue that has a work around.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the input - will contact Mastercraft and see. I just happened to get a mastercraft baja rs seat (lightly used) for a great price and figured i would simply buy a matching passenger seat if i liked it and if not i would just sell it along. If the work around is awful its going in the market place.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is interested -waiting to hear back from one member with how they got around this and - Talked to Mastercraft and at least on passenger side they believe the system just defaults to always on for airbag when you lose the weight sensor - could be the same situation with drivers side? All these electrical nannies are rubbing me the wrong way - i would be the guinea pig if i wasn't about to get on a plane for the UK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts