Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘06 LJ Rubi with all the bells n whistles. The steering wheel is deteriorating, turning my hands black from driving.
I don’t want to lose my cruise control, I have a back injury and it’s a must.
Any advice n pics are appreciated!

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Ain’t gonna happen as airbag is part of steering wheel and no aftermarket company wants liability associated with changing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
736 Posts
There are factory wheels on ebay.

Reactions: Jeepdog3

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Can swap on a WJ 99-2004 grand Cherokee wheel

However to make radio buttons work also need correct clock spring and wj bcm with 5 wires connected
Pwr, grand, 2 wires for resistor switches and pci wire to radio (only works oval face chrysler/dodge/Jeep radios)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a ‘06 LJ Rubi with all the bells n whistles. The steering wheel is deteriorating, turning my hands black from driving.

I don’t want to lose my cruise control, I have a back injury and it’s a must.

Any advice n pics are appreciated!

Wheelskins are fantastic sew on steering wheel covers. Takes some time to sew them on, but the quality is awesome. Have one on my 99

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had a wheelskin on my 04 and was really happy with it. It does make the wheel a little thicker but they are pretty thin to start with. Take your time and get it right and you will love it.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,898 Posts
X2 to just lacing a HIGH quality leather steering wheel cover on. Don't go with anything cheap since they'll likely be fake leather made from vinyl that'll make your hands sweat. I've put several on my vehicles over the years and loved them all.

·
Registered
156 Posts
X2 to just lacing a HIGH quality leather steering wheel cover on. Don't go with anything cheap since they'll likely be fake leather made from vinyl that'll make your hands sweat. I've put several on my vehicles over the years and loved them all.

Just snapped a quick pic of my wheelskin cover and a poser shot of my 99...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Having the steering wheel re-conditioned is an option and there are companies that have been doing restoration on classic cars for years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Thanks very much! Lol, i’m older so most of my vehicles have been sans airbag. Didn’t think about that.
However, those wheel skins look like a winner! I really, really appreciate not just the idea, but all the pics
Thank you all!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow! Thanks very much! Lol, i’m older so most of my vehicles have been sans airbag. Didn’t think about that.
However, those wheel skins look like a winner! I really, really appreciate not just the idea, but all the pics
Thank you all!

Check out the wheelskin YouTube video on the install. It’s a big help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts