Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone gone nutz installing hi end Stereo equipment?
HU
Amps
Subs
Speakers
Etc..?

Ya, I know its a jeep. but I love good quality sound
With a Hard top sound is not bad after an upgrade

thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Polk audio dxi 6500 in front Polk audio dxi650 in sound bar. A alpine cde-137bt head unit and alpine mini amp. The sound is so much better. I'm now debating on poly filling the sound bar. Btw Polk audio's are marine rated so they can get a little wet if I has the top off and it rained on me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are you somehow managing this with the stock hu?
He is using a 700/5 amp so more then likely not off the HU alone. Higher end speakers generally need a amp to really bring out their sound. Most shops have a setup where you can hear them with and without a amp. I'm currently running mine off the HU because I've got other mods that are more important but down the road I will be doing the same thing with a 5 channel amp.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I think I'm going to go with just the 77KICK10's front and rear. As much as I would love to gut the entire system, I'm just going to keep things simple, stealth, and (near) OEM.

A new HU, amp, components front and rear, and a new sub is really what is needed, but I just don't want to go that far.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Stock head unit, through a pair of speaker to line level converters to the amp. I'll make the jump to a new head unit soon, probably a pioneer avic 940bt or something like it.

It's a soft top, so the sound will never be great, but now it's at least pleasant with the top off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The first thing I have done with all my vehicles (aside from tune ups) is replace the HU and speakers. My new to me Sahara has decent sound with the stock upgraded system that I will be putting on a lift before the stereo upgrade (first time I have been satisfied witht the stock stereo). I guess it is a matter of preference but I prefer my own Deck with all the abilities to customize the EQ and just becoming a master at playing with your HU. An aftermarket HU will bring out your sound far better than the stock one. Adding an amp will create a whole new experience of sound for you. My vote is go for it

·
Registered
598 Posts
Keep us posted

I think I'm going to go with just the 77KICK10's front and rear. As much as I would love to gut the entire system, I'm just going to keep things simple, stealth, and (near) OEM.

A new HU, amp, components front and rear, and a new sub is really what is needed, but I just don't want to go that far.
I think I'm with you on this one, so keep us posted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts