Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried hooking up my aftermarket head unit. The wire harness hooks up and says its for my 2010 Jeep Wrangler, the head unit powers up but no sound. Anyone else have this problem or should I be looking for a certain wire harness.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you say what head unit and wiring harness I think it would help the community help you.

I have been looking to upgrade to the Pioneer 5100 and my research says I need the PAC RP4-CH11 harness. But I haven't bought anything yet.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thats incorrect information to a degree...
While Pioneer may have not created a Wire Harness you can buy plenty of after market adapters that will connect to any radio...
PAC RP4-CH11
A plug like this is what you would wire the connections off the radio up to.
I would suggest that if you are doing a radio install if you have not done one in the past get a friend who is good at it and buy beer, or take to a stereo shop...

If you have done stereo installations then you understand exactly what was just given to ya...lol

I wish ya the best, You can do it it and its not difficult, as long as your not hacking the dash up like I had to do for a double din...
I was a professional Stereo installer along with Cell Phones and Two way Motorolas and Camera systems for police vehicles as well as wiring ambulances...
So I dive right in...
its all on your comfort level...new center console for Jeep is around 100 so I figured why not....

·
Registered
589 Posts
You only need an adapter for the jeep to after market radio preserving the amp controls to new radio...I forgot exactly which one I bought but I paid 120 for it I think at least 90...and then you take the harness from your radio connect to the new harness then plug into jeep plugs and your golden...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Maybe Crutchfields meant they don't sell the gear needed for that radio any longer, but they plainly said it won't fit. Not sure what that means in this case.

I'm sure something is out there for it. I did not research it any further than their website. Hope you can find what you need, and have a successful install. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys, turn out I have the wrong harness even tho it says it's for a Jeep Wrangler 2007

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats incorrect information to a degree... While Pioneer may have not created a Wire Harness you can buy plenty of after market adapters that will connect to any radio... PAC RP4-CH11 A plug like this is what you would wire the connections off the radio up to. I would suggest that if you are doing a radio install if you have not done one in the past get a friend who is good at it and buy beer, or take to a stereo shop... If you have done stereo installations then you understand exactly what was just given to ya...lol I wish ya the best, You can do it it and its not difficult, as long as your not hacking the dash up like I had to do for a double din... I was a professional Stereo installer along with Cell Phones and Two way Motorolas and Camera systems for police vehicles as well as wiring ambulances... So I dive right in... its all on your comfort level...new center console for Jeep is around 100 so I figured why not....
Thanks just purchased this, I've done them before just didn't realize I needed a certain harness for the amp

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Wore harness?

:rofl:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Most newer vehicles require a harness that has a "box" attached to it. This box can serve many functions. Some send a a digital signal to the amp to tell them to turn on and off. Some actually control the airbag module, while some control some of the security features of the vehicle. Whatever the factory unit does for the vehicle, this harness box preserves those functions.

Example of what I would need in my 2016 with alpine stereo option

What you need if you have infinity system in your 2010

1 - 13 of 13 Posts