Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a jeep about 3 4 months ago and got charged for the lift tires and wheels does anybody know if I can get the original wheels back since mine was a black bear and they charged extra for those wheels?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
This is a HUGE peeve of mine - dealer sells a vehicle with upgraded items and doesn't include the factory parts.

Especially OEM wheels, which can easily be hundreds of dollars a piece depending on the vehicle make. My Mom bought a VW EOS probably around 2007 and it had these gaudy 19" chrome wheels which she paid an additional 3k for. I'm sure the dealer sold the take offs and made a nice chunk of change on that end too...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been trying to get more info on this I think there is a way I can get them back since the contract don't state I got a discount for them keeping my stock wheels

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Been trying to get more info on this I think there is a way I can get them back since the contract don't state I got a discount for them keeping my stock wheels
I have asked that question before and the answer was that the prices stated were "upgrade" prices vs out of pocket and do not include the factory parts. I did a search right there in front of him and showed that the prices were MSRP. Needless to say, I bought it stock and now at over $10k in addons

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's probably too late. The dealer likely sold them for a nice extra profit or used them to upgrade a different Jeep. You could've asked when you bought it but I doubt they are just laying around the dealership. You could ask, nothing to lose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same response I got. They wouldn't provide the parts even though the invoice showed only the price of the new parts added on to the price of the Jeep with Factory Parts, and no deduction for the parts that were removed to install the aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You need to ask up front when purchasing. My dealer paid me for my wheels. 1200 off Rubi when I bought them. All the other take offs they were going to keep until I asked. Salesman said they paid for the wheels and tires because a lot of times during sales someone what prefer the Rubi rims over others and also said that when jeeps come in wrecked they could use them since they only had 1 mile on them

·
Registered
96 Posts
The majority of the time the stock wheels/tires are traded to the upgrader outfit that provided the aftermarket ones…i.e. they provide 2K in wheels in tires to the dealer for 1200.00 and keep the stockers. They sell the stockers and the dealer charges you the 2K for an upgrade they paid 1200.00 for. Best bet is to do the horse trading on your own. I sold my 5 original wheels and tires for 1100.00 on Craig's after upgrading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but I got charged full price for the added wheels plus the package my jeep is also charged me for the 17s glossy black with an all terrain tire

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes but I got charged full price for the added wheels plus the package my jeep is also charged me for the 17s glossy black with an all terrain tire
I would not be happy and would take it up with the dealership…in a BIG way! They kept the difference in value between the two sets. May be too late to do anything if all the PW is signed. This is a very common practice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called dealership they said they were gonna look into it. That supposebly they discounted the rims but yet on any of the paper work I have they don't show where they did discount it

·
Registered
412 Posts
The dealer almost never has the wheels or tires I would buy if it were my money - I'd just buy a stock one and have them add the lift and wheels/tires of my choice instead of buying off the lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoke to a friend that worked in a dealership he said no matter what the original wheels belong to me because I got charged for both
No matter time frame

1 - 14 of 14 Posts