Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both seat belts are LOCKED. they wont go in or out completely unresponsive....they wont do anything....WTF??

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
rusted? WD40 the heck out of them. also, they may be "over centered" if that can happen.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well they both worked fine the other day...i went out on a trail and got out of the jeep and when i went to put back on my seatbelt it wouldnt work. i tried messing with it today and that's when i realized that both of them arent working all of a sudden.....

i sprayed it w/ PB blaster and acetone to try and clean it all out.....no luck...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
gotta be over centered some how.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know what to do....has anybody had this problem yet??

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
try and get screw driver down in there and turn the ratchet one more click.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
ya i agree, if they're both stuck now, they are probably stuck in the lock position. i've never seen them remain that way, but it happens on the trail a lot, the belts will lock due to the angles and what not.

there's just one bolt holding them down if i remember right, try tapping on the retractor, and after that try removing them and fartin with them

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Watch out for pinch hazard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:punk:

·
Registered
8,162 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i pulled the cover off and there's a plastic plate. i guess there was a bunch of shit it there so i cleaned it all out and sprayed some white lithium and it cleared up pretty well. works great now!

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
good deal, jeep on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jeeping

lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts