Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I made account a few months back and ended up lurking a lot. I tried to log back in but I couldn't remember either my account name or password so here I am again.

Anyways, I got a '99 2.5L 5 speed sitting on Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear axles. This site has been very helpful gaining basic knowledge of my Jeep, so thanks to everyone who contributes.

I've done a few things so far, but nothing drastic and a lot of stuff still needs work. I plan to do a 2'' OME Lift and some better tires next summer.

Things that will done soon include:

New stereo and a a speaker bar
New alternator
Valve cover gasket
Oil pan gasket
Gasket, seals and fluid in both diffs
New idler pulleys
New exhaust and manifold
New u-joints
New carrier bearing
And I'm gonna put in my OME steering stablizer

Hopefully I can get all these parts on a budget.

When I first got the Jeep

Monstalining the tub

Here's the difference between Jeep spice and my tan interior

And the reason I got a Jeep..

I've also gotten some mirror relocation brackets, oh-shit handles, and I've taken off the chrome grill cover and got black headlight bezels.

I hope to get a decent build going soon, but first I need to get it running good. I just hit 70,000 miles so hopefully I won't have to throw too much money at it to get it in good shape.

My whole plan for this build is just a good reliable vehicle that will get where I need to go, and let me have while I'm getting there. I will keep this thread updated as I go.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is my install of Olympic 4x4 1/8 rock sliders (or whatever you call them)
The install was straightforward and for some reason I didn't hesitate to drill into the tub. I completely stripped and redid the Monstaliner I had on my fenders and also marked, sanded, and Monstalined under where the sliders would be to avoid rubbing and rust. Also here you can see where I used Monstaliner on the front of my fenders and around the lip of my hood, that paired with black headlight bezels really gives my Jeep a good look on the cheap. (the fender fronts and hood lip were done over a year ago when I originally did my fenders)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And here are the finished sliders:

I just hit 100k and did replaced my oil pan and valve cover gaskets. I'm about to do a ton of fluids and both my diffs need new gaskets and pinion seals. I wanna get those done before I por-15 and eastwood my frame. Really my build has been maintenance/preemptive repairs and a few comfort mods for the interior.

Next I plan on adding to my hauling capabilities with a rack and I'd like to find stiffer springs for the rear that don't add more than 1/2 inch of lift. It will continue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts