Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just installed my D44 with a ZJ disc brake conversion and poison spyder diff cover this weekend. Wasn't too bad but some modifying was needed for the disc brakes.

Total costs:
- Dana 44 $300
- Poison Spyder cover $60
- Fluid/rtv $20
- Disc brakes $50
- E brake cables $35
- Driveshaft shortening $80

The cables aren't installed yet, but total cost was $545, and then I sold my D35 for $200, so have $345 into a D44 rear with disc brakes. image-6483493.jpg image-4213066005.jpg

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Sweet, where'd you find a D44 ready to bolt into a TJ for only $300? What did it come out of? It's not a D44a is it?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, where'd you find a D44 ready to bolt into a TJ for only $300? What did it come out of? It's not a D44a is it?
Nope, out of a 1999 TJ. Guy thought it was a Dana 35 so I got it for a steal

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol poor guy you ripped him off. but if its the d44a.. there not that expensive in the junkyard.
Nope its a D44, not a D44a. Its out of my brother's old rotted out TJ. It caught on fire with the owner before the guy I got it the axle from. He bought it from that guy for very little and was taking the 6 cyl motor and tranny to swap into his 4 cylinder. He was parting everything else out.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I picked up a nice 06 TJ D44 a month ago for $325. The guy (used car dealer) said it needed pinion bearings. I can't feel anything wrong with it when I turn it by hand. I have not dug into it yet. Just saying that they are out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts