Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 07 jk and randomly the air bag light will come on and tell me the passangers side air bag is off then ill put pressure on the passanger seat and it will go out and wont go on at all if someone is sitting in the seat any idea

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
well i believe that is the way it is supposed to work, when there is no passenger why should the passenger airbag go off if you wreck?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ohhhhh i misunderstood i thought u meant the "pass airbag off" light... maybe just a faulty sensor?

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
Probably a bad sensor. Usually when you put something light on the seat it thinks there is a child in it, and it turns off the airbag (thus illuminating the light.) If it's doing it without anything being on the seat, then it's probably faulty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would u no if its the sensor in the seat or ecu cuz it has come on with nothing on th seat I just wanna get a idea to wear to start at

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ugh well my initial response would be the one in the seat because it is exposed to an external force (i.e. someone's rear end) but it honestly could be either

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check the connections plugs under the seat I have a 06 dodge dose the same thing if you slide the seat forward or back it jacked with the air bag sensor made sure all my connection plugs under the seat were tight and haven't had another problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts