Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Next month I'm moving from WI to WA. Will have gear in the back of the JK (no back seat) plus my trailer and some light stuff on the Alta Rack. I've towed enough in life and with the JK to know it is going to sag. I have installed the JKURR springs which leveled me out, done last year. Any good airbag suggestions for my trip to keep me level? Loaded, likely ice and snow covered roads, looking to make it as stress-free as possible. Thanks in advance. Third, muddy, picture is how she sits now.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Snow Hood
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those could be good enough for a wrangler. I tried those on my truck, but it still sagged with the bags fully inflated. The ram trucks have a soft suspension that sags easily. If you use those bags make sure you inflate them without a load on them. When you install them do not t them together. Give each bag it’s own air valve.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You shouldn't need air bags with that trailer.
Even with 1000lbs on that trailer, the tongue weight is only going to be 100lbs. Are you going to carry more than 1000 lbs?
I've been to Canada several times and love it up there. I have Uboxes to move a lot of my stuff. Some stuff will be coming with me. Some stuff that is more American than Canadian. Some stuff that is heavy and hated by the Left. That will be inside the JK (I have no back seat). I've towed a LOT with my JK and with that trailer. Even large Uhaul trailers, a Jeep Camper, and in my utility trailer logs, branches, sod, etc. For around town I'd not care. For 1,800 winter miles, I want more weight on the front end.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I've been to Canada several times and love it up there. I have Uboxes to move a lot of my stuff. Some stuff will be coming with me. Some stuff that is more American than Canadian. Some stuff that is heavy and hated by the Left. That will be inside the JK (I have no back seat). I've towed a LOT with my JK and with that trailer. Even large Uhaul trailers, a Jeep Camper, and in my utility trailer logs, branches, sod, etc. For around town I'd not care. For 1,800 winter miles, I want more weight on the front end.
Well... it's completely up to you and what you are comfortable with and the air bags certainly won't hurt any.

As for the left/right stuff, I'm Canadian (born in the US though) and although we do have left and right voices up here as with any other Country, they are not nearly as pronounced, partisan or destructive as in the US. I still have American relatives in the US and it's a bit sad to see you all so terribly polarized.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well... it's completely up to you and what you are comfortable with and the air bags certainly won't hurt any.

As for the left/right stuff, I'm Canadian (born in the US though) and although we do have left and right voices up here as with any other Country, they are not nearly as pronounced, partisan or destructive as in the US. I still have American relatives in the US and it's a bit sad to see you all so terribly polarized.
I don't disagree. It seems I cannot even write in clear English what I have because I might get flagged or banned. This is the only social media I have; no Facebook or anything else. They have sucked the fun out of those platforms. Have a wonderful Friday.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Replacement bumpstops ordered. I only need them for this moving trip. No air bags to worry about leaking. I'll let you know how the install goes next week.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't disagree. It seems I cannot even write in clear English what I have because I might get flagged or banned. This is the only social media I have; no Facebook or anything else. They have sucked the fun out of those platforms. Have a wonderful Friday.
No you can actually write that you have guns and ammo and will be traveling with that stuff. There are threads here on mounts made for AR-15 and AR-10 platform rifles and hunting rifles and hand guns and such. But those threads are specifically related to being used with a Jeep or something very topical to Jeep. The moderators here like to keep the politics and that kind of stuff to one area of the forums and keep the Jeep specific part of the forums for discussing Jeep specific stuff and they do a pretty good job of it. It keeps a lot of the b.s. out of areas where people come for help and to learn about their Jeeps. And honestly I like it that way. Every now and then a thread will start to get a little political and if it starts to turn nasty then it gets closed or posts get deleted to keep things on topic, if it stays cordial, then they might let it go. Just depends how it relates to Jeep as a subject. There is an entire section dedicated to off topic stuff and just about anything goes there. -> https://www.wranglerforum.com/forums/off-topic.6/

Good luck with your trip, I hope it is uneventful and a safe journey.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I use these on my atv when I have the plow on to help with the sag....might help stiffen it a bit.

or there is these.

Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts