Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I want to put an air compressor and tank on my Jeep. But, I'm having trouble thinking of an out of the way place to put it, that still gives me access to all five tires. I'm thinking about somewhere underneath on the frame. But, not married to the idea. Anybody got any suggestions, ideas, or pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I'd like to see where and what size tanks people are using too. I have a Viair 400P compressor and I got the Senergy under hood mount for it but I'd like to add a tank.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a dual ARB mounted under drivers seat. Air tank between radiator and engine and disconnects front and rear. Works pretty good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a dual ARB mounted under drivers seat. Air tank between radiator and engine and disconnects front and rear. Works pretty good.
Do you have pics? I run a lock box under my seat. So, I'll still have to find somewhere else for the compressor. But, I'm sure someone else would be interested.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Like a glove..

Clean nice, and cheap.. Well bracket is about $50 bucks..

Quick disconnects on front bumper and rear

I was looking at putting an air port at each wheel well but that is a little much.. I am running Dual 2.5 gallon tanks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks.. I used a cheap compressor, and put in a check valve after I burnt up my first one due to no check valve. The Second one I cracked the head on tiring to Tap it out for a different fitting. Over the compressor is pretty decent for $59 dollars

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Thanks.. I used a cheap compressor, and put in a check valve after I burnt up my first one due to no check valve. The Second one I cracked the head on tiring to Tap it out for a different fitting. Over the compressor is pretty decent for $59 dollars
Do you have pics of where you mounted your tanks?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I don't have pictures of my VIAIR tanks installed, but I do have pictures on my plastic Tanks I built for test/fitment. I was going to use these for air tanks then I realized the danger of Pressurized PVC and quickly changed my mind.

Tanks mounted here on both sides, bottom of tank is well above the bottom of the frame rail and rock armor, everyone has expressed concern about them hitting rocks but with plastic tanks in I could never seem to hit it on a rock. But regardless I love the location it is making use of dead space and is well protected has a rock shield to deflect highway debris but will not function as a true skid plate.

Back to when I started.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/custom-onboard-air-install-for-225-91-a-241866.html

Not to bad of a deal where I bough mine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251301793499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I'm going to have to start measuring.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Do you have pics? I run a lock box under my seat. So, I'll still have to find somewhere else for the compressor. But, I'm sure someone else would be interested.
Passenger side works too.
I have amps under both seats. Plus the ARB under the drivers. I'll go take pics in a bit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts