Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a question about air compressor connections. I recently got a rough country air compressor. I’m trying to get new hoses for it and I can’t figure out what size the quick connector on it is. I know it’s the same size as Pittsburghs portable one but neither Manual says the size. Can anyone help?

·
Retired Moderator
104,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Super Moderator
14,323 Posts
I'd think metric, rather than US Standard. Maybe an AN fitting with corresponding hose will work.
If I remember correctly, Pittsburg is a Harbor freight brand. I don't think HF has parts available for what they sell.
That leaves Rough Country. Have you attempted to contact them directly.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Randy Streeter
There are two ways to read your post. One way you are asking for what size the threads are on the hose and/or pump. The other way, you might be asking about the 'quick' side of the pump/hose connector. My Viair pump uses 1/4" NPT threaded fittings. My pump has a male quick disconnect on it so I took a picture of it and went to the hardware store to buy the matching type of female disconnect. I don't remember which version I actually needed but the available choices were 'industrial', 'automotive' and something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did chat with rough country they said it’s not a universal connection meaning I have to use there hose witch is fine I just wanted to hook up a different connector to the tires. I guess not now. Thank you all for the reply’s

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a question about air compressor connections. I recently got a rough country air compressor. I’m trying to get new hoses for it and I can’t figure out what size the quick connector on it is. I know it’s the same size as Pittsburghs portable one but neither Manual says the size. Can anyone help?
I've always gone to HF and checked their assortment to figure out what I needed.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I did chat with rough country they said it’s not a universal connection meaning I have to use there hose witch is fine I just wanted to hook up a different connector to the tires. I guess not now. Thank you all for the reply’s
If you just want a new chuck then I'd take the one you have off and head down to ACE with it. Check out the various pipe threads for a fit. Most likely NPT but there is a small chance of it being a British thread. Don't know is ACE even has BSPT or BSPP products (I doubt it) but McMaster Carr does. Viair gave me the wrong annswer about my inflator (valve/gauge/short hose/chuck) when I asked. I figured it out whit it really used and then bought a longer hose and locking chuck from Zoro so that I could stand up with the gauge/trigger in my hand while airing up after a run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts