Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 1999 Jeep Wrangler. My stepdad had it and never used it. It has the controls on the inside for an air conditioner,but the best I can tell there isn't a compressor. Is it possible to add an air conditioner?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I believe the HVAC controls are all the same whether you have a/c or not.

If you don't have a/c, you will need more than the compressor. You will need a condenser, evaporator, drier, and lines.

Just a heads up, putting the evaporator in the box behind the dash is not difficult, just a time consuming task.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I was given a 1999 Jeep Wrangler. My stepdad had it and never used it. It has the controls on the inside for an air conditioner,but the best I can tell there isn't a compressor. Is it possible to add an air conditioner?
Take a look in front of your radiator to see if the AC condenser is there (smaller thin radiator) also look at where the 2 heater hoses enter the cab just to the right of and behind the battery to see if there are 2 extra tubes sticking out along with the heater connections.

The dash controls for AC are different then without AC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts