Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 wrangler with the four cylinder engine but no air conditioner.Has anybody retrofitted one ? Is this a problem? Maybe you can give me some help .

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have never given it a though on
a jeep but on Others I have seen
its about 1000+ could be higher
now check the stealership to see
if it even available

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quadratec has kits from like $950 to $1100 that include everything you need. I was thinking about adding it to my 93 but realized that with 4 little beavers under the hood, that AC would take what little bit of power I have left....

·
Registered
22 Posts
My bud got a whole system off one in a junk yard for 150 bones,that included brackets and all.I think all he bought new was a dryer and lines...It might be alot cheaper to get all the main components from a junker and just buy what ya need new,at least you know all the stuff will fit and if it is a pick your own that will make it easier when it comes to hooking it up on your rig.You will already know how it went.....Just a thought..maybe lol...Joey

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got a complete system off a parts jeep and was thinking about installing it, but it just wouldnt be right. with the windows rolled up during the summer time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in sunny Florida and I have used my air. I have a 4 banger and have been thinking of removing mine. With 31's there is just not much power left I think. The 2.5L is a good little engine with a lot of torque, but its still a wheezer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
one other thing to remember on old A/C systems is that they use R-12 re-fridgerant. Newer systems use R-134a, can't remember the years they switched over, but getting the old r-12 systems recharged is damn expensive if not impossible anymore. You know.. gov laws and all.

I know the after market systems have gone to 134a, so that is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Didn't want to make a whole new thread for this.

My 1993 Sahara has A/C factory-stock. I'm wondering about recharging it. I probably have to get a R-134 conversion kit..

wait a minute........ this looks exactly like all ths stuff in my car.. maybe it didnt come stock..

https://www.quadratec.com/products/15005_10X_A_PG.htm

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just did this in mine. found a guy pulling a complete system from his YJ and bought it for 75.00. My YJ had factory wiring for AC so I used it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i had a/c in my 90 2.5 wrangler. it served me will while sitting in traffic going home from the outer banks. top down and a/c on max pointed at seat level. ahh what a relief it was. and during the winter with ac cranked all the way to the warm side it worked quite well to recirculate hot heater air. real good after a day hunting in the dismal swamp.

·
Registered
365 Posts
hey on a 95-105F day, you wish you had A/C..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Guys that are up north have no clue. Come to the south for a week or two. Between the humidity heat and bugs you'll be begging for ac and your top and doors on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts