Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been reading up, and heard that an after-market air filter might help improve performance and fuel economy; heard some pretty good things about the K&N Air Filters.

However, the one they have recommended appears to be an entirely different shape to the stock one installed.

Do any of you guys have the 2.8 CRD wrangler? Have you changed the air filter for the K&N or equivalent replacement?

Cheers

·
Registered
500 Posts
You should search a little harder because most will tell you that just a K&N or like air filter will only lighten your wallet in the long run. Any performance or MPG gains are brief and are usually lost once the engine computer adjusts and remaps for the extra incoming air.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I wish we could get the 2.8 here in the US.

But especially for a wrangler whose natural environment is similar to that of a pig or goat a K&N filter is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
259 Posts
While it wasnt a Wrangler , I had a K&N air filter in my 95 Bronco and liked it . I only had 180,000 miles on it when I sold it so I dont know if it wore out early or not . I do see it on the road from time to time though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts