Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Amateur here just trying to figure out an issue I am having. I recently replaced the battery on my 2008 four door wrangler. I had spent a of time (2 days) boosting it before I changed the batter and also had a look at some of the fuses. After changing the batter the jeep would start up no problem but now I noticed that
a) there is not airflow when I turn the air on and I cant get the AC or Heater to work and
b) when I lock the doors they don't actually lock but when I open them the alarm goes off.
I suspect this is probably a fuse issue but before I go any further can anybody give me a detailed idea of what they believe is wrong. This google searching for symptoms seems to only lead me to car adds, its just not like the old day.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Tipm?

I think that there is a known issue with the Totally Integrated Power Modules on the 07 and 08 Chrysler products. Do a quick google search and see. If your battery was being drained, it could have been due to that fault. If so, you'll know soon enough as your current battery will be discharged prematurely.

NHTSA investigating power modules on Chrysler Group SUVs and minivans - Autoblog

Check out the information for the recall that reprogrammed the TIPM, and make sure it has been completed on your vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts