Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my 87' 2.5 the hose from the air box to throttle body is torn. I taped it for now but it restricts air flow by half! I have seen new ones online but nothing under $40! Im looking for a cheap fix. No junkyards arround here have them. Is there something at a hardware store that will work? Its about 12" long and oval shaped..any input would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
Buy the correct part! You've got to do what you've got to do. Suck it up. If you can't afford $40, sell it. That is only the beginning.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no no....I might have to but if I could find an idea on how to do it different I would. The 40 bucks dont bother me but I was looking for any ideas....gessh....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sorry…Didn't mean to come off douchey.
but, I do think you need to get an original hose. Check ebay or craigslist.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks....douchy..lol ya, its such a simple part...but oh well..and this is not the beginning. . Ive had every part tore apart on this rig except engine. Trans a t-case completly rebuilt by me. I have way more stick into it that its worth (dont we all) just looking for a fix. I did find one for $29+ shipping. Probably going that route. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts