Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded my tires to 33s and did it at Mavis tires. They did the sensors aswell as put the tires on... So, when I was on the highway today my tire pressure light started flashing. Checked all my tires and they were at about 35 psi. My buddy said that I prob have to get it recalibrate because the sensors are meant for a stock tire size... Idk, any one know what to do?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It doesn't matter what size tires are on the JK. The sensors are synch'd to the JK computer. The tire pressure listed on the door jamb is programmed into the computer and that's the threshold that's used. Tire size is not a factor only pressure. It can take driving for 15-20 minutes/miles and also up to 1-3 on off cycles for the system to synch to the new sensors. The spare tire on a JK isn't read until it's mounted as a road wheel. Give it some more time. If it doesn't synch after what I mentioned then take it back.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Mine gives an error (flashes the light) if the spare isnt on, or if the sensor is not mounted in the spare.
I haven't heard of that before, but anything is possible with JK electronics. Only the 4 road wheels are picked up by the system whether it's the basic TPMS or enhanced with individual tire pressures. For the spare to register and synch to the computer it has to be mounted and rolling. If the JK has enhanced TPMS it will then pick up the pressure wherever the spare is mounted and show it as one of the 4 tires in EVIC. Why your situation happens, could be just another JK electronic anomaly.

·
Registered
697 Posts
If driving over 35mph for 15-20 min hasn't fixed it the only other thing I know is to over inflate them for a period. It happens to me when I rotate my tires at the oil changes. I have 35's and I inflate them to 40 psi for about a half hr of driving. Once the light goes out, bring the pressure down to whatever you desire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts