Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas what's goin' on with that? I know there's a feet AND defrost option, but that's not what I have selected. I have the knob pointed straight up to the feet position, and it blows weakly from both the defroster and the feet. My tootsies will be freezing while my upper body starts burnin' up haha.

Any suggestions on where I should start troubleshooting? It's not exactly something covered in the owners manual. All the other selectors work normally, though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
year of Jeep?

Could be a bad/faulty actuator for your baffle doors. They are known to go out after time. They are a plastic mechanical part under the dash behind the temp controls and if they get stuck, sticky or warn out, they can stop the baffles from moving to the correct position.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010, sorry I meant to write that then I got caught up in the rambling lmao.

If it's something that requires pulling the dash apart, I'll give it a go this weekend and see what's up! :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
If it's a 2010, that part is "Probably" whats going on. You should be able to see the actuator from underneath the drivers side dash (by the footwell) to see if it is getting hung up or not working through the full range of motion. Heck, give it a wack for now to see if it starts working again before the time/effort to replace it! Hope it's a quick, easy fix for ya. M

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can not, for the life of me, figure out where the thing is he's talking about.

Took off the whole front dash, I see the little connector that connects to the gas pedal. And then there's the giant tube that comes down from the console that's used to distribute the heating. It does blow air out of it, but it also blows a little bit of air out of the defrost and vents. The right side of the defrosting vents does not blow any air. It seems the right side feet work perfectly fine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did you watch the video? It shows the approximate location.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, watched the video a couple times. If it's any clarification, I don't hear the noise in the beginning of the video, or anything AT ALL similar to it. There's definitely a difference between "feet only" and having it slightly blow from the defroster, and "feet and defrost" which is much more air going through the defroster. Almost like whatever "closes" isn't quiiiite closed.

I see the white arm that looks like it's from the actuator from the video, but I guess I can't quite get my head moved around enough to see the part he shows in the video.

I see the gas pedal thing, I see the heater vent. I'll give it another look at next weekend see if I can get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts