Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a 2013 Sport Unlimited few days ago, going 55mph or above there are air whistling thru driver side hard-top:
- How common?
- MFG warranty?
Advise please.

Orange Wrangler

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Out of curiosity did you just switch from the soft top? The reason I ask is because when you make the swap the wind noise becomes very noticeable but you get used to it after a while. If your really worried, pull the tops off and put them back on, but it will leak before it becomes a more serious issue, so if its not leaking then you should be fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check all your seals make sure everything is sitting right and straight. I have no whistles or hardly even any wind noise with mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a hard-top no soft top and noise heard only on driver side, removed and checked 1st row rubber seal has some dirt 2nd row seal are look fine no visible of air leaking, let me reinstall and test drive later today if it is any better.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I got a hard-top no soft top and noise heard only on driver side, removed and checked 1st row rubber seal has some dirt 2nd row seal are look fine no visible of air leaking, let me reinstall and test drive later today if it is any better.
Thanks
Take both tops off, wipe all the seals down with a damp cloth, carefully reinstall. Sounds like something isn't aligned right. Or you have a leaking door seal maybe. Is it coming from the windshield? Behind you? From over the door?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi,

I got a 2013 Sport Unlimited few days ago, going 55mph or above there are air whistling thru driver side hard-top:
- How common?
- MFG warranty?
Advise please.

Orange Wrangler

As stated, reinstall the freedom panels. Do not over tighten the 2 screws that secure the freedom top to the cross bar.

·
Registered
806 Posts
hmmmm ......
I had a wind rushing noise also.
Mine was coming from the drivers side lower windshield.
What it turned out to be was that the gasket from the windshield to where it sits against the windshield frame was TWISTED. I could actually FEEL the air coming in after 45 mph. Have someone come with you and have them feel all
along the windshield frame inside the Jeep.
Rob .....

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 12 does the same thing, really annoying my buddy's is quiet service advisor says it a wrangler thing. I cannot find anything out of place. I have wiped down all the seals as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also just bought '07, 3 piece hard top with significant wind noise at highway speeds. I am trying fix positioning, not much success, is there any product to increase the seal on weather stripping?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts