Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone paired the Airaid Cold Air Intake with a snorkel? If so, which snorkel have you used and how do you like it? The Airaid website claims that you can use their product with a snorkel, but it doesn't elaborate, so I figured I would take to the forums and see if it's been done.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Snorkel is a CAI in it self. CAI is a lie!!! Had one for a year, didnt do anything. Got a RR snorkel, and i have better throttle response and my mpg went up a little.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Powderburn said:
Snorkel is a CAI in it self. CAI is a lie!!! Had one for a year, didnt do anything. Got a RR snorkel, and i have better throttle response and my mpg went up a little.
Interesting...

·
Registered
873 Posts
IIRC the Airraid works like oem w/snorkels, because you reuse the oem air inlet.
Hmmm... I'd heard/thought a snorkel actually hindered hp's due to the added restriction? :confused:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mopar2Ya said:
IIRC the Airraid works like oem w/snorkels, because you reuse the oem air inlet.

Hmmm... I'd heard/thought a snorkel actually hindered hp's due to the added restriction? :confused:
Lol. I feel like its different. Im not a mechanic or a gynecologist so i have no idea if it gave me more HP or not. It could all be in my head ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

You'd really have to test the flow of air after adding it. Since the engine isn't force induction, it can only suck so much in at a time and the snorkel would have to create a nice bottle neck to be able to do that.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Lol. I feel like its different. Im not a mechanic or a gynecologist so i have no idea if it gave me more HP or not. It could all be in my head ;)
Proctologist? :hide:
You'd really have to test the flow of air after adding it. Since the engine isn't force induction, it can only suck so much in at a time and the snorkel would have to create a nice bottle neck to be able to do that.
I have no evidence, just internet bable.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My thoughts are that I can remove the cover from the Airaid while on road for better breathability, and then put it back on when off roading... essentially “re-engaging" the snorkel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts