Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving today the red airbag light came on and then went off about 10 seconds later. Driving for the rest of the day, the time that it comes on and goes off has gotten a lot closer, being that it will come on dinging, stay on for about 10 seconds, then turn off for about 10 seconds before it dings back on. Very irritating, help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the same year, 2009 I have seen where the rhd or postal jeeps have had a recall on the clock spring and this has been an issue with several other year jeeps so my question is when do you think they will finally order a recall and make it right

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the same year, 2009 I have seen where the rhd or postal jeeps have had a recall on the clock spring and this has been an issue with several other year jeeps so my question is when do you think they will finally order a recall and make it right
I hope. Been waiting for one. Been driving around for 2 years with that damn light on lol.
Every Time I look up recalls it's only for the rhd's

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ok my horn works fine, cruse control and all steering wheel functions work fine, any ideas
When I got my 12 JKR Oct. 11 I had an intermittent air bag light that the dealer couldn't deal with until the light was on at the dealer so they could get a code. When that day finally came the problem was a bent pin in a harness that plugged into the firewall. This must have happened at the factory. Problem fixed.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Ok my horn works fine, cruse control and all steering wheel functions work fine, any ideas
I'm still going with the clockspring. Everything else can work fine and you'll get the air bag light with a faulty clockspring.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
it was the clock spring, replaced under warranty. apparently on 2012-2013 everything else will still work with the airbag light coming on.

and replacing the clock spring on a 12/13 is cake, 2 10mm nuts no the side of the wheel and the airbag comes right off then steering wheel puller and your in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts