Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Has anyone installed or had installed a security alarm in their Wrangler? I think I'm after one that has perimeter sensors etc but have no idea on brands and ease of instalment.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I have one..Off the top of my head, I can't recall the brand name, but will check for ya! My perimeters are not set real sensitive...cats etc will constantly be setting it off. Pain.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
They have youtube videos training criminals on how to bypass those hood locks..was going to get one and then decided ..Mehh..

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
They have youtube videos training criminals on how to bypass those hood locks..was going to get one and then decided ..Mehh..
I was just providing a suggestion. As far as security concerns go, anything is beatable in this day in age, and the only thing you can do is slow them down :(

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
So true..if they have a choice, they'll always go the easier route. Is why I Have an alarm and I'm sure as soon as they see the blinking red light, they move on to a car that doesn't have one :D anyone messes with my rig, BIG trouble.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I found a piranha alarm off eBay for a good price and included door lock actuators (job for another day). Now just have to make sense of the wiring diagram and match it up with the cryptic ignition diagram for the jeep. Fun times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts