Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the weirdest thing happened this morning.

Was getting ready for work, had my keys in my pocket and the alarm to the Jeep started to go off... No big deal, probably hit the panic alarm on accident. Well, I started to hit the FOB and nothing. Wouldn't turn off. Now being 5:30AM, I really need it off. Well, I decided I would climb in and start it and it should turn off... nope... nothing.

I finally disconnected the positive to the battery and it stopped. Hooked it back up and it was fine.

Has anyone experienced this before? Just find it really odd it wouldn't disarm. FOB has plenty of battery in it. I was able to remote start the Jeep, unlock, lock doors no problems.

Looking for any insight, I really don't want this to happen again.

SS

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yikes. Putting key in ignition should always stop the alarm and the remote start should always be deactivated when the alarm is sounding. Gremlins...

·
Registered
312 Posts
So the weirdest thing happened this morning.

Was getting ready for work, had my keys in my pocket and the alarm to the Jeep started to go off... No big deal, probably hit the panic alarm on accident. Well, I started to hit the FOB and nothing. Wouldn't turn off. Now being 5:30AM, I really need it off. Well, I decided I would climb in and start it and it should turn off... nope... nothing.

I finally disconnected the positive to the battery and it stopped. Hooked it back up and it was fine.

Has anyone experienced this before? Just find it really odd it wouldn't disarm. FOB has plenty of battery in it. I was able to remote start the Jeep, unlock, lock doors no problems.

Looking for any insight, I really don't want this to happen again.

SS
I have a 2012 with 3000 miles on it and I jump out at the auto parts store and the horn goes off for about 45 seconds and nothing I did would shut it off. I was able to start it while this was happening and horn kept blowing not off and on like alarm just solid blast. Long story short the dealer replaced horn switch and the speed control switch to fix the problem, 5 days and so far so good. Jeeps are famous for their weird electrical gremlins which I do not understand, they have had years to work that stuff out. We are not re inventing the wheel here, it is wiring of a vehicle they have built since 1941.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Gremlins get in yur lectrical sistim and fark up yur stuff.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You might want to take your Jeep somewhere and get to know the alarm system and what makes it tick. I've setoff my alarm and it took forever to get it to reset. If it does it again I would be alittle more concerned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my 2013 rubicon unlimited. After going through all the threads in multiple forums and trying all their suggestions I finally took it to the dealership. Apparently their was a recent recall on the horn switch and its being replaced under warranty. Check it out with your nearest dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts