Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sports roll bar cage and recently purchased the TJFB alien sun shade in hopes for it to go down the sports bar and provide some shade for the dog. As you can see in the pictures it only goes half way down the angled roll bar. They have shades for the newer model Jeeps that go down the angled roll bars but of course not for the YJ, so I have been looking at their site to see if a different shade may work and go farther down the roll bars. The YJ mesh shade dimensions are 56" x 42". I measured the back of the Jeep last night and need about an extra foot of material. Their LJFB mesh shade has the dimensions of 69" x 42", which would provide the extra material needed; however, they are telling me each style is created specifically for the type of Jeep and don't think this will fit the YJ. Looking at the dimensions it seems like it should fit... but I'm not familiar with the differences in the roll bar cages. Can anyone tell me what the differences are in the roll bars between the YJ and the LJ (besides the sports vs family...)? I know this may seem trivial to some but I'm just trying to provide the dog with as much shade as possible. She loves Jeep rides and I would like to keep it that way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have a 95 and I accidentally purchased a Alien Sunshade meant for a JK for my YJ. I forget the dimensions but it’s an inch wider and a few inches longer. They absolutely fit, but they probably tell you it won’t as a disclaimer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 95 and I accidentally purchased a Alien Sunshade meant for a JK for my YJ. I forget the dimensions but it’s an inch wider and a few inches longer. They absolutely fit, but they probably tell you it won’t as a disclaimer.

I returned the other one and purchased one for a different Jeep. Figure since the dimensions are the similar it should fit. Except the front bungee, it's not like the bungees have to connect to a specific location on the Jeep.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I returned the other one and purchased one for a different Jeep. Figure since the dimensions are the similar it should fit. Except the front bungee, it's not like the bungees have to connect to a specific location on the Jeep.

Good! As long as it is tight it doesn’t matter (at least to me) where the bungees are. Hope the new top works out better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good! As long as it is tight it doesn’t matter (at least to me) where the bungees are. Hope the new top works out better.

Me too. I love having the top down but the heat is brutal on the pup. She needs shade just as much as us humans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick follow up. The LJ shade works great on the sports roll bar. We are shaded and so is the dog. She isn't happy in the picture because we aren't moving, but she appreciates not being in the direct sunlight and having shade. Thanks for everyone's input.

Reactions: IRQ

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Have you taken it on the freeway yet? Does it Flap around much?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you taken it on the freeway yet? Does it Flap around much?
It is very secure. I have been on the highway doing between up to 75 mph and it does not flap around at all.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Between up to 75 aye... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts