Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my jk aligned at Sullivan tire today. But it still pulls to the passenger side.
Any suggestions?
35x12.5x17 mtr/k tirea on factory wheels

image-1092579749.jpg

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Are your tires cupping? I had a set on a previous truck that pulled and after alignments and even a frame rack check it turned out the cupping was causing the pulling.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Im assuming Sullivan checked the front end thoroughly before alignment. That being said I agree with above. Swap front tires. Remember an alignment lines up the wheels not the tires. Providing all the above is good it must be the tires.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Had my jk aligned at Sullivan tire today. But it still pulls to the passenger side. Any suggestions? 35x12.5x17 mtr/k tirea on factory wheels
Mtrs pull to the right. If your alignment checks out than Its simply radial pull. When I took my mtrs off and replaced them with nittos the pull to the right stopped but now it pulls to the left haha

·
Registered
227 Posts
Um, why didn't they give you a caster readout? Even assuming you have stock/non-adjustable control arms, you would still want to know what the caster number is. Assuming your Jeep is lifted, and you don't have adjustable arms, that might explain why your Jeep is flighty and pulling. If you have adjustable arms, and you have the caster set between 4-5*, your problems are likely either bad control arm bushings, bad track bar bushings, or loose, wallowed out track bar bracket bolt holes.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Disconnect your steering stabilizer and try it. I had a bad one and it pulled badly.
This will be an easy way to start troubleshooting

Mtrs pull to the right. If your alignment checks out than Its simply radial pull. When I took my mtrs off and replaced them with nittos the pull to the right stopped but now it pulls to the left haha
My Nitto's run straight as an arrow :winner:.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tires tires tires. Jk hate worn or even semi worn tires wreak havoc on the drive. Minor shaking, pulling and all around rougher drive imo. I had nitto trail grapplers and had aligment all tires were inflated to 35 , messed with my control arms adjustable, rotated. nothing worked. Bought new toyo open country mt and it stopped pulling . go figure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm dealing with the same issue with my tires. Mostly on the highway - I have to hold the wheel to the left. The factory rep suggested it was due to over inflation and running an E rated tire on a fairly light stock vehicle. (for E tires)

His thought is that the tires are not making full contact. I'm slowly testing lower pressures and it has gotten better, but they're are starting to feel like marshmallows.

The tires are Cooper ST Maxx on a stock JKUR at 32 psi. The alignment is to factory spec and they have been rotated three times in 2k miles to try an isolate the issue to a bad tire.

The dealer has offered to warranty replace all 5. I'm not sure if that will solve the issue or I should explore other options.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pulls to the right doesn't it? Its the MTRs, I had the same thing with mine. Always pulled to the right, now I'm on Toyo RTs and they drive super straight, no longer have to correct it 24/7.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have adjustable control arms but i am running rancho drop brackets which should put me within factory specs for caster. Will try rotating tires as the steering stabilizer is a oem one and its also 3 yrs old

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I'd suggest swapping wheels with someone. Run a completely different set of wheels and tires for a test.

·
Registered
970 Posts
are you sure its not just tracking with the slope of the road? mine drives straight as an arrow until i get on the highway then it wants to go with the slope slightly. When i change lanes so the slope goes in the other direction its goes the other direction....I just assume its the 12.5" wide tires....Does this sound normal?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
are you sure its not just tracking with the slope of the road? mine drives straight as an arrow until i get on the highway then it wants to go with the slope slightly. When i change lanes so the slope goes in the other direction its goes the other direction....I just assume its the 12.5" wide tires....Does this sound normal?
actually on the highway its essentially straight as an arrow but locally even on a leftward slope it will eventually find its way right

·
Registered
216 Posts
Running same setup and tires and have same problem. I tried everything swapping few different alignment shops. No dice. Living with it until I burn them up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts