Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before. I put the 2" rancho sport lift on 2012 JKU Sport. with 33x12.5x15 tires and steel rims, I adjusted the steering wheel back to center afterwards. Do I need to get it aligned or is it a waste

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would definitely align it. You moved things around and you want to make sure you get it back to the correct tolerances. You will wear your tires uneven if not.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Tires cost too much these days to ruin them without a good alignment.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Does it pull on you? If it isn't noticeable you'd waste your money doing an alignment. Get yourself a quality tire tread gauge, check it once a month. If it starts wearing uneven and/or you feel the Jeep pulls on you, do an alignment. Otherwise you're wasting ~$100.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
There nothing to align after that lift except for setting toe and centering the steering wheel. Your toe won't need adjusting with that size tire changing too. You cant align or adjust anything else without adj arms, track bar.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I know this has been discussed before. I put the 2" rancho sport lift on 2012 JKU Sport. with 33x12.5x15 tires and steel rims, I adjusted the steering wheel back to center afterwards. Do I need to get it aligned or is it a waste
If you don't have Adj Control arms the only thing that can be Adjusted is Toe in or out and centering steering wheel....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is kind of what I was getting at, I didnt think there was anything else a shop could do. I dont know how to check the toe, dont know if Jeep pulls yet as it was very windy today so it was all over the road. Anyone have a poorboy method of checking toe?
There nothing to align after that lift except for setting toe and centering the steering wheel. You cant align or adjust anything else without adj arms, track bar.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
This is kind of what I was getting at, I didnt think there was anything else a shop could do. I dont know how to check the toe, dont know if Jeep pulls yet as it was very windy today so it was all over the road. Anyone have a poorboy method of checking toe?
Your toe doesn't need checking or adjusting after that little of size difference in tires. :thumb:

·
Commercial Member
116 Posts
When I did mine I took it to my local Firestone. "I'm not advertising for them". I paid 150 for life time alignment I used it 4 times already. It paid for it self so far if there is a business that does that close its worth a look.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
When I did mine I took it to my local Firestone. "I'm not advertising for them". I paid 150 for life time alignment I used it 4 times already. It paid for it self so far if there is a business that does that close its worth a look.
It's not a bad deal for either party. The shops knows darn well there isn't anything to align but it will keep you coming back and they will check for other suspension/tire services they can provide. Many shops now charge for inspections unless you pay for the repair. This of course assumes that shop crews knows what they are doing on a Jeep. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts