Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.... Should be finishing up installing an AEV 2 1/2" lift with geo brackets today. Wasn't too bad but man those control arm bolts are tight! Question I have is this...do I need to get an alignment after the lift is installed? Should I have a garage check the torque? I used a craftsman torque wrench but am not really confident in it. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
the aev kits do not come with adj control arms or any control arms for that matter so the only thing you will need adjusted is toe in and steering wheel centered. Me personally I like have it checked on an alignment table just so I know what the numbers are.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done install. I feel like I was hit by a truck. Gravel driveways suck! Taking it on a test drive soon. I'll take it next week for alignment...keeping my fingers crossed....

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
What they said. I aligned after my lift just to verify numbers but there's not much a lift does to alignment except affect caster and pinion angle and the geo brackets are designed to fix that.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Center the steering wheel

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more question... The brake line mount that is by the caliper...they say to remove it...how in the world do you remove it? I tried bending it off with pliers but it would not budge...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Pry at it carefully. You can do it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
One more question... The brake line mount that is by the caliper...they say to remove it...how in the world do you remove it? I tried bending it off with pliers but it would not budge...
I used a large pair of channel lock pliers and just took my time and bent the bracket out enough to get the hose out.. it is a PITA

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
I used a large pair of channel lock pliers and just took my time and bent the bracket out enough to get the hose out.. it is a PITA
Just have to man handle it. I have done several this way and each time it gets easier. However that all said if I were doing it over I would get these brackets from Summit racing 90-7203 and 90-7204. AEV should have done it this way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All sold out. Saying June 9th for delivery...I think I can wait that long if it saves me some busted knuckles

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went with Cryn' Bob's brake guides instead. Work well and easy to install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts