Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All -

Several months ago my Jeep was in for an alignment after I installed a Teraflex 2.5 inch lift (had some bad drifting and bump steer afterwards)

As part of the alignment after the lift, they installed cam bolts on the front lower control arms. Apparently that cam bolt installation required them to either drill to make the holes oblong or removal of some factory tabs (not really sure which).

The alignment was performed and while much better, I was advised to get an adjustable trackbar and adjustable lowers for future larger tires and to get the vehicle closer to spec.

My questions are:

1) How do I install adjustable lowers now that cam bolts have been installed? Is there some way to restore the factory holes back?
2) Where can I get the original bolt and nut that was previously there (it was removed and replaced with a cam bolt) Not sure of the part numbers.
3) Any thoughts on these two items:

Teraflex 1653700 - Lower Flex Arms
Teraflex 1753418 - Adjustable Trackball
Teraflex 1415500 - Lower Flex Arms (slightly cheaper)

Thanks for any and all feedback

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Yes, they typically punch out tabs that are built in the factory axle. The common correction for this is the Synergy Cam Bolt Eliminator Kit.

Synergy MFG JK Cam Bolt Eliminator Kit - 8014

These are basically heavy duty washers that center the bolt back in the factory location.

As for the front lowers, the new TF Alpine version has a much nicer clamping system than the monster arms. You don't have to be a gorilla and build a jig just to tighten the jam nut to proper specs.

Also, consider the Superlift front track bar at a significant savings and better joints.

Superlift Suspension 5770 - Superlift Re-Flex Adjustable Front Track Bar for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2-6" Lift - Quadratec

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they typically punch out tabs that are built in the factory axle. The common correction for this is the Synergy Cam Bolt Eliminator Kit.

Synergy MFG JK Cam Bolt Eliminator Kit - 8014

These are basically heavy duty washers that center the bolt back in the factory location.

As for the front lowers, the new TF Alpine version has a much nicer clamping system than the monster arms. You don't have to be a gorilla and build a jig just to tighten the jam nut to proper specs.

Also, consider the Superlift front track bar at a significant savings and better joints.

Superlift Suspension 5770 - Superlift Re-Flex Adjustable Front Track Bar for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2-6" Lift - Quadratec
Awesome - thanks for the info.

Last question, happen to know the stock bolt and nut part #s that were originally used for the lower arm? It was removed and replaced with cam bolts so I don't have it any longer and will need it for the new arms id imagine.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts

Last question, happen to know the stock bolt and nut part #s that were originally used for the lower arm? It was removed and replaced with cam bolts so I don't have it any longer and will need it for the new arms id imagine.
You'll want to use a 9/16x4-18 grade 8 bolt with a Stover lock nut. Pick them up at a nut and bolt shop locally.

Like this, but you don't need the flat washers because you have the washers in the kit.

·
Registered
191 Posts

You'll want to use a 9/16x4-18 grade 8 bolt with a Stover lock nut. Pick them up at a nut and bolt shop locally.

Like this, but you don't need the flat washers because you have the washers in the kit.

Pressurized,

Question...I ordered the synergy kit you linked above. Do I also need to order the OEM bolts? I had cam bolts put on but now I'm putting on some adjustable arms.

See diagram attached. If I order the OEM bolts do I need washer #20 on the diagram since I have the synergy washers?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pressurized,

Question...I ordered the synergy kit you linked above. Do I also need to order the OEM bolts? I had cam bolts put on but now I'm putting on some adjustable arms.

See diagram attached. If I order the OEM bolts do I need washer #20 on the diagram since I have the synergy washers?

Thanks!
While we wait for pressurized to respond =) I thought I'd throw in my two cents. The bolts the shop used were not standard bolts - the bolts they used were for the cam washers and were flat in certain areas. In my case, I had to order OEM bolts.

I believe these are the part numbers - kinda pricey....

2 Suspension Track Bar Nut 06104719AA $3.71
2 Suspension Control Arm Bolt 06104266AA $5.27

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
While we wait for pressurized to respond =) I thought I'd throw in my two cents. The bolts the shop used were not standard bolts - the bolts they used were for the cam washers and were flat in certain areas. In my case, I had to order OEM bolts.

I believe these are the part numbers - kinda pricey....

2 Suspension Track Bar Nut 06104719AA $3.71
2 Suspension Control Arm Bolt 06104266AA $5.27
You can use the factory bolts, but it's best to just go down to a good hardware store and buy 2ea 9/16 x 4 x 18 Grade 8 bolts and 9/16 x 18 Stover nuts.

Thanks. You didn't need any additional washers, correct?
If you are using the Synergy kit, you do not need the extra washers. The Synergy kit is effectively a super thick washer.

Good luck guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts