Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a shop that a lot of people recommended to me. I had them replace my RC springs with BDS 3" springs, put on some JKS lower control arms and do an alignment. So, I noticed they were taking a really long time on the alignment. They ended up saying that the best they could do on the caster was 6 and 7.9. They said when they started lowering the 6.0 caster the other side would spike up above 8. They concluded that my axle housing was bent.

I wanted to get a second opinion on whether or not my axle is bent. Is there a way to do this without paying for another alignment? I trusted them at first, but then I got home and found all kind of stuff they did wrong. They put the control arms on backwards according the the installations instructions. They didn't reconnect my rear sway bar, and they didn't torque down my trackbar. I had a major dead spot on the way home.

So, now I am getting a driveline vibs. Could the high caster be causing this? I am going to remove my front driveshaft tomorrow to narrow it down to front or rear. It could be my RC springs were sagging and I just need to adjust my pinion angle.

Thanks
Everyone..

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
it's hard to believe that they would have let you drive it home without tightening the track bar or reconnect sway bar links...that's just asking for a law suit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts