Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew from getting my alignment checked late last year that the toe on my JK was slightly out but didn't really care since I knew this would give me the excuse I needed to ditch the factory tires. Since I added new 285/70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers last week I went ahead and had the alignment done. Is this what most people are seeing as far as their alignment goes? I have the Mopar 2 inch lift, rancho Geo brackets and yeti track bar.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,945 Posts
looks very good.

·
Super Moderator
15,033 Posts
Yep, that's a good one.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. It feels great and adding those ridge Grapplers made a huge difference. Since mine has the optional rear locker I also added an Eaton trutrac to the front and it seems to get better traction on wet roads. Maybe just my imagination though.

·
Super Moderator
22,945 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,033 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agree, not necessarily bad, but would likely drive better with another degree of caster.

Thanks for the feedback. The alignment came with a 6 month warranty, so I'll swing by the shop and ask questions.

Overall, the ride is great - but that's going from MT's to AT's....so the difference in ride has become wonderful and much welcomed! No vibes or shake in wheel, seat, etc.

·
Super Moderator
15,033 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The alignment came with a 6 month warranty, so I'll swing by the shop and ask questions.

Overall, the ride is great - but that's going from MT's to AT's....so the difference in ride has become wonderful and much welcomed! No vibes or shake in wheel, seat, etc.
Do you have adjustable control arms or geometry correction brackets?

·
Registered
45 Posts

No to both. It's all stock, excluding the new tires.

However, I will add an AEV 2 inch BB with new shocks (per your recommendation via a different post) :)

Should I consider adding new arms and/or a geo correction bracket, since I'm adding a bit of lift?

·
Super Moderator
15,033 Posts

No to both. It's all stock, excluding the new tires.

However, I will add an AEV 2 inch BB with new shocks (per your recommendation via a different post)

Should I consider adding new arms and/or a geo correction bracket, since I'm adding a bit of lift?
Yes, your caster will only get worse by lifting, even that small amount. You could do something super easy and plug and play like the Synergy 8047 fixed front lowers. They are bent in a way that also the increases ground clearance, good stuff.

In my opinion, you won't be lifted enough for the geo brackets.

Northridge offers a forum discount too...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, your caster will only get worse by lifting, even that small amount. You could do something super easy and plug and play like the Synergy 8047 fixed front lowers. They are bent in a way that also the increases ground clearance, good stuff.

In my opinion, you won't be lifted enough for the geo brackets.

Northridge offers a forum discount too...

Perfect -- I'll check out Northridge for the front lowers. Appreciate your guidance and looking out for me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts