Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

2013 JKU Automatic with 50000 miles.2.5inch lift. Stock control arms. Adjustable front trackbar.

Problem: Jeep pulls slightly towards the right at speeds above 50 mph.

I recently changed to new tires and got an alignment check(not fix). See attached alignment measurements.

Questions:
1) What could be the reason for the pull towards the right? Is this because the right side caster is less than the left? Or is it because the right toe is more than the left toe angle?

2) Is the value of 0.01 for left toe a problem? Or is it ok? Because afaik we cannot adjust individual toe values on the JK; you can only adjust total toe. And since my total toe is fine, is it ok to leave this as it is?

3) Why is there a difference between left and right toe numbers? Does it mean that the axle is slightly shifted forward on left side?

thanks in advance
Simon

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,809 Posts
The one sides tor reading is different from the other side because the tech did not center the steering wheel before taking the reading.
Some Jeeps pull to the right. It may be because of the difference in caster between the two sides, but that is not something you can easily change as each side is welded to the same axle.
Also, some tires are prone to pulling.
To counter a pull to the right you can try swapping to a high pressure steering stabilizer like Bilstein or Fox (not the Fox ATS). That will create a push to the left which may counter a pull to the right. But it needs to be a high pressure steering stabilizer, and not one of the super fancy through rod SS's.
Make sure you don't have bad ball joints on one side allowing the caster to be dramatically different from the other side.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Your higher left caster is likely the problem. That is backwards from the desired specs. Unfortunately it is not adjustable. While this is mildly rare, Jeep will not do anything about it.

You can install a caster correction ball joint, caster wedges or what I did, install a gas charged stabilizer like the Bilstein. The gas charge pushes the tie rod to the left which counters a right pull.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts