Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 3 months after installing the Rock Krawler Mid Arm 3.5 inch X Factor lift I decided to go get it professionally aligned. I have a bad feeling about this shop because it seemed they didn't really adjust any of the control arms except for the rear lower ones, also they left one of the jam nuts loose after I picked up my car so right away they lost my trust in them. Last but not least they charged me $139 for the alignment and another $100 for an extra hour of labor... :) They are a local Chicago shop that was actually referred to me in this forum and they claimed to do one lift a day in the shop which I highly doubt, because from the outside it looks like they mainly specialize in small stuff like oil changes and tune ups... Can someone tell me if the specs look good according to the lift height?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
So about 3 months after installing the Rock Krawler Mid Arm 3.5 inch X Factor lift I decided to go get it professionally aligned. I have a bad feeling about this shop because it seemed they didn't really adjust any of the control arms except for the rear lower ones, also they left one of the jam nuts loose after I picked up my car so right away they lost my trust in them. Last but not least they charged me $139 for the alignment and another $100 for an extra hour of labor... :) They are a local Chicago shop that was actually referred to me in this forum and they claimed to do one lift a day in the shop which I highly doubt, because from the outside it looks like they mainly specialize in small stuff like oil changes and tune ups... Can someone tell me if the specs look good according to the lift height?
That's a bummer about the jam nut and little pricey... But the alignment looks pretty good to me. How does it drive?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no difference in the drive, it drove pretty good before and drives the same now. I just did it as a piece of mind, but wasn't really happy with the service. Long story short when I came to pick up my jeep I noticed that the front lower control arm joint was way crooked and they argued that it was like that when I brought the jeep (that is what made me not like them because I know just a day before I brought my jeep I triple checked all of the bolts and made sure all of the joints were aligned straight) so then I came home and went under again to double check they did not leave any bolts loose and that's when I found the jam nut loose... The whole experience made me question their alignment..

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Which shop was it?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Maximum Automotive in Naperville, IL
I haven't heard of it. Naperville tends to be more expensive than surrounding areas however. I strongly Recommend B&B Auto in Mchenry. It is out of your area but for any major work they are great and fair priced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts