Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Metal Cloak ARB 3.5" lift a few weekends ago with a buddy. Install went well, took all weekend but no real issues. Was a fun project overall. Took it to local dealer to align and here's where they netted out. MC recommends 5 degree caster so I let them know that.

I haven't driven it much yet but it rides well and except for being so high up you could forget that it's lifted. Taking it off road 4/30 :)

When I look at the front tires I would swear the driver side points slightly left of center (when everything should be pointed straight ahead). But I might be crazy.

What do the great minds of WF think of these numbers? I'm still rocking the stock wheels/tires until I can get the new 35's mounted to new wheels (in garage) and might have alignment checked again then (one of the guys in my 4x4 club suggested that).

MC Alignment2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
I installed a Metal Cloak ARB 3.5" lift a few weekends ago with a buddy. Install went well, took all weekend but no real issues. Was a fun project overall. Took it to local dealer to align and here's where they netted out. MC recommends 5 degree caster so I let them know that. I haven't driven it much yet but it rides well and except for being so high up you could forget that it's lifted. Taking it off road 4/30 :) When I look at the front tires I would swear the driver side points slightly left of center (when everything should be pointed straight ahead). But I might be crazy. What do the great minds of WF think of these numbers? I'm still rocking the stock wheels/tires until I can get the new 35's mounted to new wheels (in garage) and might have alignment checked again then (one of the guys in my 4x4 club suggested that).
I dont see anything out. Is your wheel straight?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hummm.....notice the last line in the alignment sheet- wheelbase difference of .75" - the axles are not square with each other and are off by 3/4". Seems like a lot.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
Are my eyes decieving me or is that toe way out on the left side??? over 30 before and after, right side is close to ideal...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looking at the difference in the wheelbase and how out of spec the rear toe is points to the rear axle being the culprit (crooked) compared to the front axle. And significantly crooked as well.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Isnt the Caster a bit high?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts