Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I just installed RE 2.5 lift kit and 35s, so i need to go for an alignment. Im debating if I ahould go for a Firestone lifetime alignment or just get a one time alignment somewhere else.

What do you guys think? Does anyone have an experience with Firestone lifetime? Is it worth it?

Thank you

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi guys
I just installed RE 2.5 lift kit and 35s, so i need to go for an alignment. Im debating if I ahould go for a Firestone lifetime alignment or just get a one time alignment somewhere else.

What do you guys think? Does anyone have an experience with Firestone lifetime? Is it worth it?

Thank you
There is only one thing to align on a Jeep and that is the Toe setting. Regular vehicles have Camber, Caster, Pinion Angle, etc.... but the Jeep only has the one setting which you can do yourself at home with a measuring tape, a jack and a mark on the tires.

"If" you have adjustable control arms and track bars and you find a place that is capable of doing it lifetime alignments could be valuable.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
There is only one thing to align on a Jeep and that is the Toe setting. Regular vehicles have Camber, Caster, Pinion Angle, etc.... but the Jeep only has the one setting which you can do yourself at home with a measuring tape, a jack and a mark on the tires.
That is absolutely not true. All three can be adjusted on a solid axle vehicle such as our Jeeps, it's just a little more difficult. Castor can be adjusted either by installing cam bolts or adjustable LCAs. Once I had the castor corrected on my TJ (purchased two years ago with 112K on it during an alignment, it handled much better. The bolts are a little pricey, but are now in.

Camber is adjusted with shims.

I had a Michelin dealer tell me that same thing about 25 years ago and I knew better. As I was leaving a young mechanic saw my face and asked "having problems" and I explained what I was told, and he commented that what they told him. I knew than I would never go back. A Goodyear dealer fixed my problems on my '89 XJ and I have been dealing with them ever since.

Yes, you can check the toe-in with chalk, jacks and tape measure, but it at best still approximate. To get it exact you do need the benefit of the laser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts