Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to align my jeep today after I lifted it last night. I loosened up everything like the guides showed but i absolutely could not move the tie rod. I sprayed it with rust penetrant and pulled as hard as i could and i am a pretty stout 6'3 250 lbs. and could not budge anything. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
164 Posts
i am a pretty stout 6'3 250 lbs. and could not budge anything.
So you're saying that although you're a big guy you're weak?:p

Couldn't resist. :) What are you using as a rust penetrator? PB Blaster works best. WD-40 is about useless.

Give it time to soak, make sure it's all real loose, and a big pipe wrench. You could also try a propane torch to heat it up and help expand the coupler.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All that I had to work with is a small pair of Vice grips. Pretty pitiful I know. I have a decent collection of tools but that is one thing that I do not have is a pipe wrench. Which is a guaranteed investment before this next weekend. I might try to get one tomorrow and try it again or maybe just pay someone tomorrow which I hate to do. Oh well I guess we will see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts