Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm going to start the process of building my 1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ. It's pretty much stock other than the American racing rims that came from previous owner. I'm not looking for something huge. My plan, so far, is:
3inch suspension lift
1.5 or 2 inch body lift
1 inch wheel spacers
Bigger tires of course, maybe 31s if it fits
Brush guard
New rear number, stock ones ugly.
I want to redo the interior, it's not bad, just wish it was a darker tan color, I'm willing to get the interior and bumpers from salvage yards
And this last one, I know it has more things that I would need to make it work, but I will be putting a 4BT Cummins with a nav2500 5speed tranny, but that's last due to running about 3000 dollars.
I'm asking if anyone can help me by giving me places to look, websites that you guys trust because I haven't done much online shopping, if some of you can do custom fabrications or know someone I can discus ideas with, hell just basic knowledge on things to watch out for or tips/ideas. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Ok...first thing, you are planning 4.5 -5 inches of lift and hope 31s fit? I ran 35s with 4" of lift. They required some fender trimming but not a whole lot. Next, this site has tons of information for just about any question you might have. Make sure you read the stickies at the beginning of the YJ section. The forum also has a vendors section with lots of good resources. Many of them offer discounts for forum members.

Ask all the questions you want. We are all here to help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and honestly I really don't know much about tire size. I've had the jeep since April 2013 and didn't have any thought about it until now. But thanks I'll keep looking around!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice, I've been hearing(correct me if I'm wrong) but after 3inch suspension lift don't you have to do something with the driveshaft?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Looks nice, I've been hearing(correct me if I'm wrong) but after 3inch suspension lift don't you have to do something with the driveshaft?
SYE in the transfer case, and driveshaft, OR Transfer case skid drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts