Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 95yj as much as my daughter,poor jeepie was put aside on grass for 2yrs not even thinking the damage it would make with rust.
Because of all the rust underneath they tell me to get rid of it,so far the repairs would be tranny,clutch,body mounts etc.
Any advise?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Post some pics. With a little bit of knowledge and a lot of hard work you can fix an awful lot of stuff on the Jeep and yes I am talking about rust. If it is being done by a business then the cost will outweigh the worth. But when done by the owner it gets down to cost of supplies and parts.

The Jeep will need a good evaluation of what needs to be done before you make a decision like that. If the list is too long and expensive then maybe a would be abetter business decision to either sell whole or part it out. The see what you get and find another and with lessons learned as a previous owner you might be able to find soething in a non rust state that you will be able to maintain and keep forever. Let us know and post some pics of the damaged areas that need repair.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I can see the clutch getting stuck with rust, but the trans should be fine as long as it had oil in it. Now the tub may be in poor shape as they tend to rust badly, but that is repairable too. I did it all on my GTO, floors, frame, body mounts, quarters, doors, fenders, hood ect.... It was rusty, but the metal work done by a 15 year old me turned out ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts