Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in need of new tires and cant decide between mud or all terrains. I currently have Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. I love the beefy look of mud terrains, but i think i am leaning towards all terrains for practicality. By the way, this is my daily driver and i dont have abs so i do slide around a lot on wet pavement. I dont go off roading too much. Which do you guys think i should get?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
A/T's if you are mainly a DD

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Try a hybrid tire, one that is in between an AT and MT. Both the Goodyear Duratrac and MTR Kevlar come to mind.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
If your not in mud it's not worth the NOISE for looks only.Mud tires also need amp's and updated speakers to hear tunes.Guess you already know the noise factor.I switched to nitto at's.Liked the look of the mud so much i kept it on display for spare and only had to buy 4 instead of 5 tires.Practicality or depends on what your wheeling threw.:dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dude Baja claws easily. Don't get all terrains, if you buy mud terrains you won't be disappointed plus they look 10x better than all terrains

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
BFG ATs... Properly maintained they last forever and perform perfectly for occasional off road excursions.

·
Registered
755 Posts
MTs may look better, but if its your DD you want something that still grips in rain or snow(depending on where you are). MTs arent the best in said conditions. I would recommend duratracs. Great in rain/snow, good in mud. And IMO they look pretty good too.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
GY Duratracs as long as you stay away from sharp rocks when offroad. They don't offer much sidewall protection but the tread is grippy in snow and rain. They also have stud mounts if you really want to get crazy in the snow and ice.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I love how well the Duratracs handle on wet roads....my old MallTerrains did not channel water worth a crap and it was sketchy in heavy rain.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use BFG AT. IMO I think they're good, my Jeep is my DD and I occasionally off road! Like stated before well maintained these will last my Uncle says the same thing to me! Good luck with whatever you go with :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dextreme said:
I love how well the Duratracs handle on wet roads....my old MallTerrains did not channel water worth a crap and it was sketchy in heavy rain.
The duratracs were actually the ones i want most. So they are definatley good in rain/wet pavement? Thats basically what i am looking for most in my tire. At the moment i have to drive in 4wheel if the roads get too wet. Its pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
The duratracs were actually the ones i want most. So they are definatley good in rain/wet pavement? Thats basically what i am looking for most in my tire. At the moment i have to drive in 4wheel if the roads get too wet. Its pretty ridiculous.
Just yesterday I was doing 70mph in heavy rain on the freeway....no hydroplaning at all in standing water. I am sold on them! :thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dextreme said:
Just yesterday I was doing 70mph in heavy rain on the freeway....no hydroplaning at all in standing water. I am sold on them! :thumb:
Same here. Im just waiting for the snow so i can REALLY test them out :)

·
Das Govenator
230 Posts
Duratracs without a question, just picked up a set of 33"s absolutely love them... Stay away from the MTR unless its off road only. the kevlar in the sidewall shakes loose and requires rebalance after about 1000 miles. duratracs are phenomenal in the snow as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have procomp a/ts. Kind of aggressive for a terrain but I love them. Good road life, good handling, and when I get a wild hair they do great in the mud. A shade pricey though

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Another vote for Duratracs........OBTW I have had 3 sets of BFGS and while they are a good long lasting tire, the Duratracs are a whole lot better in the rain...still waiting for snow for the ultimate test, Duratracs are better off road IMO..

With the Duratracs I can still get lifetime road hazard, and balancing...I can't get that with a Mud terrain!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts