Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the all-weather cargo liner in a 2015 JKU? Asking because it'll cover the woofer. Has it changed sound quality? I want the liner but don't want to hear muffled sound coming from the back. I'm all about that bass with my woman but not when it comes to sound. Would've opted out of the woofer if I could've. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have the all-weather cargo liner in a 2015 JKU? Asking because it'll cover the woofer. Has it changed sound quality? I want the liner but don't want to hear muffled sound coming from the back. I'm all about that bass with my woman but not when it comes to sound. Would've opted out of the woofer if I could've. Thanks
I have the one from Quadratec - Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Floor Liner Triple Combo for 14-15 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec.

*edit - just saw you have a 2015. Which model are you looking at that covers the woofer?

They're expensive mats, but I really like them. Nice, flexible rubber feel to them, but they're also tough. So easy to clean after a day on the beach, just pull them out and hose them off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the one from Quadratec - Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Floor Liner Triple Combo for 14-15 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec. There is an option to get the rear cargo liner with or without a cutout for the subwoofer. They're expensive mats, but I really like them. Nice, flexible rubber feel to them, but they're also tough. So easy to clean after a day on the beach, just pull them out and hose them off.
I wouldn't want the cutout. Which do you have? Do you have the woofer?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a weather tech in mine,covers the sub no sound difference

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
the woofer is just a big vibrator... so covering it shouldnt matter. you feel and hear the vibrations because its going thru the whole jeep. I think that was also a reason why they put it on the floor so it would go thru the underbody too (unlike previous years). No worries on the woofer being covered.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I use canvasback liner. I really like it it covers everything even with the rear seats down. It's a little slippery. Perfect if you keep the dog in the back your jeep as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the Jeep all weather cargo liner, fits perfect and doesn't change sound. The sub was designed to operate with hundreds of pounds to be loaded on top w/o affecting performance.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I specifically bought a rear mat that covers the sub so that dirt and debris wont get in it. I cant tell any sound difference. I went with the AEV one since I have their wheels and lift.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the one that covers the sub... Jeep treads all over the place and wish i had got it sooner... no change on sound that i could tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the canvasback. I had one on my Honda Pilot, and decided to go with the same thing on my 2015 JK Unlimited. I have 2 dogs, one is a German Shedder, er, Shephard. We hike a lot, and I find that the canvas is easy to vacuum and hair doesn't get stuck in it.
The sub causes the canvas to vibrate. I took a piece of foam, cut out an oval, and slipped it under the canvas. Vibration gone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also have the weathertechs in my 15. There wasn't any change in the sound. I definitely prefer the location of the sub in the 15 over previous years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts