Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently traded my 2011 ram CC Sport for my 2014 2dr wrangler Sport, first ever jeep. Bought it three weeks ago, and already dumping money into it! Hope you enjoy! :)

This is when I first brought her home. So cute and adorable ha.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Within the first week I HAD to get tinted windows! Couldn't stand being open in a fishbowl :p

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
During the second week I creeped over the forums looking for easy cheap ideas. Sooo, bought the black locable gas cap, Stubby Antenna X, tinted the taillights from that NightShade stuff, windshield light mount brackets with LED lights...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Third week, trouble begins... Girlfriend LOVES jeeps, and wouldn't stop bugging me about lifting it and big tires, all with my money of course!

So this lovely 3" BDS suspension appeared at my door, upgraded to Fox shocks. A buddy at work helped me install it over two days after work. He's got a original 71 AAR Cuda in his garage. :censored: Traded his 69 charger R/T for it back in 72.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So yesterday ( 3rd weekend ) got the tires wheels put on! 17" Pro Comp rims, and Cooper AT's 35's. Pictures don't give it justice! Looks way bigger and meaner in person. Tires look way better! I was going to get the aggressive ones but sinces it's my pavement princess I opted for the AT's. Although I kind of regret not getting the others, the manager talked me out of it last minute! :/

I HIGHLY recommend BDS suspension! Their customer service was top notch! Added them on facebook and their replied were quick! Since I was too lazy to call mostly. Their lift added with the tires makes this thing ride and handle 100% better than stock! It grips the road and no body roll!

It is the crappy 3.32 gear ratio but surprised the loss of power was pretty minimal. To get going I have to give it slightly more gas but not a lot, and going 75mph is still in 6th unless theirs hills, then just 5th. Not a big deal to me. Hope you lot enjoyed it! And more mods to come!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks nice. That stock mailman tire tailgate kills it though.
Thanks! Hey now, running low on funds. I wasn't about to put a 35s on the stock holder on the tailgate. Which means I have to buy the $900 back bumper and swing gate. So $1500 for looks. I don't have a money tree :p

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looking good!! Everyone's gotta start somewhere despite how small it may be. Can't wait for my JKU Rubi in Amp'd to be built to start my next adventure!! Good luck on your build.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking good!! Everyone's gotta start somewhere despite how small it may be. Can't wait for my JKU Rubi in Amp'd to be built to start my next adventure!! Good luck on your build.
Thanks! Gratz on your order, I bet the wait is killing you! I remember to check out BDS for lifts ;)
Everytime I look at my jeep I love it even more. That Amp'd is an amazing color! And I have yet to see another on the road!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks! Gratz on your order, I bet the wait is killing you! I remember to check out BDS for lifts ;) Everytime I look at my jeep I love it even more. That Amp'd is an amazing color! And I have yet to see another on the road!
I have only seen Amp'd twice in person sitting on a dealer lot and never out driving around. I kinda hope it stays that way :) even the dealership guys were excited that I chose to order an Amp'd. I ordered it on April 30th and didn't think it would be a big deal on waiting.......I was wrong. It's driving me nuts!!!! When I can afford it I'll be doing an AEV 2.5" lift. I've got it on my current Mango Tango JKU and love it. I could finance it in with the loan but have yet to determine if I can swing those payments. Keep the pictures going!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have only seen Amp'd twice in person sitting on a dealer lot and never out driving around. I kinda hope it stays that way :) even the dealership guys were excited that I chose to order an Amp'd. I ordered it on April 30th and didn't think it would be a big deal on waiting.......I was wrong. It's driving me nuts!!!! When I can afford it I'll be doing an AEV 2.5" lift. I've got it on my current Mango Tango JKU and love it. I could finance it in with the loan but have yet to determine if I can swing those payments. Keep the pictures going!!!!
I look forward to seeing another Amp'd build! I say go on and swing, get that lift overwith at first, otherwise it'll be harder to pull the trigger later on :p
I will! I got some good ideas coming! :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Picked her up yesterday!!! Beautiful color I have to say. Also very glad I ordered when I did because they discontinued it for 2015. We now have a single year color!!

Got the AEV hood in paint, AEV black pintlers are in, and 285/70R/17 Duratracs should be in tomorrow. No lift as of now, gonna ride this way for a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice jeep! Yeah I think we did good with our color! And being a 1 year color we lucked out! Looks good how it sits now, doesn't need the lift and tires right away because it doesn't have baby tires like mine had ha. I made a custom tramp stamp with license plate holder and s spot for a CB antenna on it, will post pics when I'm around a comp :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone! I fabbed up a custom tramp stamp / license plate holder and a built in mount for my CB Antenna. Looks good but currently making a cleaner one. I'll post pics soon. Next on my list is a 50" lightbar above the windshield I'm thinkin :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here you go, teaser pic from the parts manager this evening. Pick her up after they finish the Simonizing coating tomorrow. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome looking jeeps Eman and Bird. Thanks for the compliments Bird. The mods have slowed down a little but still coming. Feels like a new toy after evrry simple mod. Just soak up the fun modding and make it last. I'd get bored if it was % 100 done!

Ahhh give me your guy's hoods! Now!!! Please! Haha I love that hood!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts