Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So First Off I did make a pretty decent attempt to find if this was covered but with the search bar I just couldn't seem to narrow it down to enough to find my answer. I did see some people ask this question but never found an answer.

I installed the Alpine i207-wra today in my 2018 JKU. I have the factory installed alpine premium sound package. I did the wire harness front rear swap that's mentioned. No issues with Bluetooth or NAV audio.

The only Problem I seem to have is I can't seem to control the volume or output of the Sub. With the base models factory stereo you could just turn up the bass. But I can't seem to figure out how to increase the sub output. In the audio mendue the subwoofer option doesn't seem to do anything to increase the volume. When I flashed maestro I did include the factory sub as part of it... any idea's?

Initially I flashed maestro to a 2018 JKU but as others have found it only shows a white sudan as the car. following advice I re-flashed it to a 2017 JKU and wallah the vehicle displayed was a jeep. But I doubt that should affect the sub

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The sub is wired in as part of the speaker system. Adding an aftermarket HU will not allow separate control of the sub outside of the EQ of the HU. If you want to get control of the sub it will require a complete re wiring of the speaker system with an amp for the 4 speakers and an amp for the sub or disconnecting the sub from the system and running a separate amp for the sub running off the line outs on the HU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sub is wired in as part of the speaker system. Adding an aftermarket HU will not allow separate control of the sub outside of the EQ of the HU. If you want to get control of the sub it will require a complete re wiring of the speaker system with an amp for the 4 speakers and an amp for the sub or disconnecting the sub from the system and running a separate amp for the sub running off the line outs on the HU.
Dude! that's the most clear concise answer I've seen. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Dude! that's the most clear concise answer I've seen. Thanks so much.
No prob. I went crazy in my TJ trying to bypass the sub with a Alpine HU and an external amp and wished I had only just replaced the speaker and not invested the time and money to get an amp and wiring kit. Never could get it to sound the way I wanted. Now running a Pioneer 2300NEX on my 09 with a Maestro.

·
Registered
341 Posts

You could add in just a mono amp and connect it between the new head unit and the sub. If you’re going to do that you might as well replace the sub speaker with an upgrade as well (in the factory enclosure).

I did all that and the improvement was dramatic.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You could add in just a mono amp and connect it between the new head unit and the sub. If you’re going to do that you might as well replace the sub speaker with an upgrade as well (in the factory enclosure).

I did all that and the improvement was dramatic.
You could and that is what I tried in my TJ. Never got it to sound good. I installed a Pioneer 2300Nex in m 09 with the OEM Infinty. Also did the tweeter, speaker and sub mod and it sounds very good. Not competition quality but IMO better than most high end OEM systems.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Check in settings that these output is at 15

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. I found two
Thing. First I have WAY better control
of the base when I mess with it using the downloadable tune it app alpine has.
Second if you put it in radio mode, at the top of the screen in the middle is a down arrow click that and it takes you to some different settings menus that allow your to mess with the bass and sub... when I play with the sub in that menu it actually does change the bass. Kinda a weird set up. It even has its own bass presets that aren’t in any other menu that I’ve found but I can make it sound better when I just mess with it my self. Weird how they have these hidden Menus that you can only get to from certain places.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts