Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

About a year ago I installed the Alpine i-207. The install went great and it ahs functioned well up until this week. Went to start up the Jeep and the screen is black. No function at all. After reading about this issue with the stock system I checked the fuses (visually and with multi-meter) and all are good to go. Then I disconnected the battery (a few times) to reset the system in hopes that it would turn back on. No luck.

As a side note, I found that if I pull the 30A fuse and reinstalled while the Jeep was running I could briefly see the Alpine start up logo come on for maybe 1 second and then back to black. I've also tried resetting the Alpine with a pin and the front reset button. Also I should add that the battery has gone dead multiple times from us not using the Jeep often enough so I don't know if that has something to do with this issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what this could be and how I can fix it?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hey everyone,

About a year ago I installed the Alpine i-207. The install went great and it ahs functioned well up until this week. Went to start up the Jeep and the screen is black. No function at all. After reading about this issue with the stock system I checked the fuses (visually and with multi-meter) and all are good to go. Then I disconnected the battery (a few times) to reset the system in hopes that it would turn back on. No luck.

As a side note, I found that if I pull the 30A fuse and reinstalled while the Jeep was running I could briefly see the Alpine start up logo come on for maybe 1 second and then back to black. I've also tried resetting the Alpine with a pin and the front reset button. Also I should add that the battery has gone dead multiple times from us not using the Jeep often enough so I don't know if that has something to do with this issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what this could be and how I can fix it?
Reflash the Maestro unit. Mine was randomly turning off. Called Alpine, they said check that the radio was getting power (red wire from Maestro to radio) when turned on. Make sure constant power is connecting (Yellow wire from Maestro to radio). If yellow has power and red does not... try to reflash the Maestro as it is the problem... it's not sending power to the radio.
Good luck.

Reactions: DIRT BOY

·
Premium Member
2,868 Posts
Re-Flash Maestro and that should help. Mine was doing that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! I was hoping I didn't have to get back into the dash to repair but looks like I'm going to have to do that. I love this radio but that is a serious design flaw if we have to do this every so often.

Again, thanks for the help. I will report back if that fixes it so future seekers have one more point of reference.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
The Maestro unit is basically a miniature computer. Sometimes they need to be rebooted/reflashed.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Never had an issue with Maestro and Kenwood.
Just because you have not had an issue doesn't mean others won't, Bob.

The Maestro is a very good unit, not saying it isn't but sometimes they do have hiccups.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Just because you have not had an issue doesn't mean others won't, Bob.
Sorry, that's not what I'm really saying.

Maybe it's just me but I've noticed a lot of "alpine won't turn on" posts by comparison, so there may be some form of compatibility issue which is being overlooked.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Sorry, that's not what I'm really saying.

Maybe it's just me but I've noticed a lot of "alpine won't turn on" posts by comparison, so there may be some form of compatibility issue which is being overlooked.
That you might be right on. Maybe a firmware upgrade to the newer Alpine's changed something requiring a Maestro reflash.

·
Premium Member
2,868 Posts
That you might be right on. Maybe a firmware upgrade to the newer Alpine's changed something requiring a Maestro reflash.

Well iDatalink told me, “Get a Kenwood and ditch the Alpine. We don’t have issues with Kenwood.”

From what other stuff he mentioned, seems like iDatalink and Alpine don’t get along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bob Sanders
1 - 10 of 10 Posts