Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using? Any issues with the install? Shows some modifications needed, and wanted to know if it fits well in the dash. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
That's a great unit, I've installed a few, though none into a JK. They are pretty standard in the double-DIN sizing so it should fit fine, after you cut out the sub-dash support bar on the top; this will be needed no matter what double-DIN you choose. I have always loved the clean look Alpine's give over any other brand, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I actually just pirchased this navigation head unit this evening. I will have it installed at the place and will let yall know how everything goes!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Teamct17 said:
I actually just pirchased this navigation head unit this evening. I will have it installed at the place and will let yall know how everything goes!
Awesome I can't wait to hear how it works and how it makes your jeep sound.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Teamct17 said:
Where are you doing the install? I see your from Connecticut too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I purchased it at PC Richards in newington and the install will be pretty easy because i allready have an after market head unit in my jeep.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well nothings simple these days. First it started with the guys i hadput in my previous aftermarket head unit not useing a harness to connect all the wires. So i than had to purchase a harnest. Its all set now and installed and looks great. In my opinion its much sharper than the oem RER head units. The problem now is figureing out the best place to put my bluetooth mic since the jeep is naturally really noisey especially on the highway. I will post pics tommorow morning for yall.

·
Registered
660 Posts
37Olivestreetbrews said:
What year is your jeep? The surround on the radio looks different from my '12. Thanks for posting up the pics. How's it sound?
Its pre 2011 interior. still a JK i think.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive got a 2010 wrangler unlimited. Done a lot of work to this bad boy. 2.5 inch lift BFG mudT as well as some sharp chrome wheels. The outside had to match the inside which is why i decided to upgrade a little bit. It sounds great and looks amazing so far.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Alpine INE S920HD HU. Also picked up the power pack KTP 445 Amp on eBay. Hope to install in the next few weeks. Will also be adding a back up camera that I need to figure out where to mount.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Alpine INE S920HD HU. Also picked up the power pack KTP 445 Amp on eBay. Hope to install in the next few weeks. Will also be adding a back up camera that I need to figure out where to mount.
Ive got this and its terrific! Didnt want to install back up camera because its an additional like 250 plus installation. Not worth it i think. They place it near the license plate and center it off that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ive got this and its terrific! Didnt want to install back up camera because its an additional like 250 plus installation. Not worth it i think. They place it near the license plate and center it off that.
Awesome. I'm doing the install on everything. Got a serious case of the DIY bug. Not sure if I will install camera off spare tire or bumper. Did you do a video bypass? I got most of the stuff from crutchfield and the camera and Sirius antenna from amazon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Awesome. I'm doing the install on everything. Got a serious case of the DIY bug. Not sure if I will install camera off spare tire or bumper. Did you do a video bypass? I got most of the stuff from crutchfield and the camera and Sirius antenna from amazon.
When i go into reverse it shows a black screen and than when in drive it goes back to audio. Im no tech guy when it comes to wireing but did you pick up the installation kit along with a harness?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered the PAC harness that keeps the steering wheel controls. Ill let you know when I install what happens. Do you lose audio when in reverse or just the screen?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts