Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I did an install of one of these (on my 2015) I used the speaker level input (non-RCA) for the amp. Doing my wife's 2016 this weekend I am using the RCA inputs to make connecting her sub easier, but now I need a trigger wire connection. Am I correct that the base 130 HU does not have a trigger wire in the harness? Would there be one on the Jeep side of the harness that I can use?
I am running the yellow power wire for the amp to the battery. Can I use the yellow wire for the radio power supply as the trigger or will that mess w/ the CANBUS system?
I ran the sub trigger to the fuse block under the hood for my 2015 and will do the same for the 2016. Forgot about needing the trigger for the Alpine ktp-445u amp. I could run both triggers on the same wire that is using a fuse tap in the fuse box. Bad idea?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
The stock radio effectively has a remote turn on wire via the ignition switch, or it wouldn't turn off when the ignition is off. I couldn't tell you off hand which wire is doing that without looking at a diagram.

If you have a wire running straight to the battery then it is not switched. Power will be supplied to what's connected to it as long as the battery is not dead. You don't want to do this for a remote turn on lead.

If you have an existing and working remote turn on lead you can tap into this to run your amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts