Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you guys have seen but Alpine has a newer product called Alpine PSS-21WRA Full Sound System Upgrade for 15-17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK

Its pretty darn pricey at 1300 but I'm sure @Quadratec would be able to get it for cheaper.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/alpine/full-sound-system-upgrade-15-17-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jk

It seems pretty sweet though the price is too much for me. I was more interested in the wiring harness. Does anyone know if you can buy that harness by itself or if there is a company that sells it?

The sound system seems amazing but a little high in price. But that harness could be awesome for other systems you build for cheaper price.

Info on system....

"Jeep Wrangler owners Rejoice! Now you can enjoy huge sound performance even with the top off! The all new Alpine PSS-21WRA sound system is a 10 component custom engineered kit for ’15 -Up Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to solve the audio performance problems associated with open air driving. By loading the lower frequency sound into the passenger’s foot well area, Alpine’s system delivers amazing sound quality with maximized bass extension whether the top is on or off. The 120-watt system consists of a PWE-S8 powered subwoofer with custom mounting brackets that neatly mount the sub under the driver seat. Kits also include a pair of SPT-70 6.5” 2-way speakers with separate 1” silk dome tweeters for the dash, pair of SPT-71 6.5” 2-way speakers with separate 1” premium silk dome tweeters for the overhead sound bar, an MRV-F300 V-Power 4-channel amplifier with mounting brackets and all necessary wiring harnesses. Kit comes complete and is an easy Plug-N-Play installation that can be tackled in a few short hours. The PSS-21WRA works with any Alpine Restyle dash system, other aftermarket head units or the original equipment factory radio."

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing huh

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts
Alpine does not allow discounts by any reseller. They are like AEV with strict UMP/MAP pricing policies. With that said, if Alpine offers the wiring harness individually we can always special order it. However, I do not show it in my system at the moment.

Thanks,

-Rick

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
Wait six months and when the JL is announced the price will begin to drop. It already has on the i109 because there is a newer and improved version on the market.

Reactions: Lloydrage

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
120 watts seems low, right?
The description is incorrect.

The sub has a built-in Class D amplifier, capable of 120 watts RMS/240 watts peak.

The amp is rated:

50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
150 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

Either way, still nothing earth shattering.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The harness is the big deal. I wish I could buy it separate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On sale??

Underwhelmed by the factory stock sound, and spoiled by the Hybrid Audio setup I have in my Frontier, needed to do something about the new Jeep...

If anyone is interested, just picked this up @ Morris 4x4 for $899 ($999 + 10% promo code). The fact that it starts @ $999 had me looking - the extra 10% off got me to bite!

You could probably price out something a bit cheaper sourcing the individual components, but the mounting brackets/hardware and wiring harnesses (plug-n-play factor) make it a pretty close deal.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Underwhelmed by the factory stock sound, and spoiled by the Hybrid Audio setup I have in my Frontier, needed to do something about the new Jeep...

If anyone is interested, just picked this up @ Morris 4x4 for $899 ($999 + 10% promo code). The fact that it starts @ $999 had me looking - the extra 10% off got me to bite!

You could probably price out something a bit cheaper sourcing the individual components, but the mounting brackets/hardware and wiring harnesses (plug-n-play factor) make it a pretty close deal.

I happened to be looking for this exact setup. Good deal and good timing, picked one up from Morris. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
660 Posts
alpine prices are always up there
but there defiantly is a quality difference surpassing everyone else. The Alpine system i have in my jeep is the best sounding aftermarket beast i've ever owned. They also have a twofold better warranty then anyone else and their customer support is not bad. They have responded to all my email questions within a day and they haven't held back on privy info.
I'm new to Alpine and so far i like the experience.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm pairing this with a 4200NEX head unit. I value interior space and plug and play compatibility most, and I expect that I will be happy with the setup. It's only a couple hundred more than the 77kick10/25, kicker hideaway sub, alpine power pack amp setup that's so popular on here.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Never anything for the JK's only the unlimited. I sometimes wonder if they forget they made a two door.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
morris huh

I guess I need to google them

thanks!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts