Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have to do something about security ad I carry quite a bit of stuff around with me. TheTuffy 326-01 Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure looks like the right deal for me but I'm worried about the subwoofer being muffled too much.

Does anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My brother in law had the tuffy 299 and now the backbone and he said it doesn't muffle his sub at all. Plus if you are carrying a lot of stuff that might muffle the sub if it's covering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey, I have the Tuffy 299 instead of the 326 but it appears the only difference is that the 326 hinges open and the 299 is fixed shut. I have had mine in about 3 months and can't tell any difference with the sub woofer. I'm no sound expert mind you, but to my untrained ear, it doesn't sound really any different. And the added security is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Just an FYI, the Tuffy enclosure doesn't have a breath port or opening. However, While we don't like the JeepBackBone, I'll give it credit. Cause it does have a speaker breath port or opening as to allow for air flow.. All other enclosures don't.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people.

I looked at the backbone and saw the breath port. Figured if worse comes to worse, I could always put one into the Tuffy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the 326 and feel the sub may be somewhat more enhanced or punchy. No rattles or anything else. Quite happy. In fact, I went with their diamond plate pad and rails to use the lid for additional storage as they claim the lid is rated for 150 #'s distributed weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts