Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Anybody knows if I can buy and install the Alpine premium sound system after the Jeep have been fully assemble and delivered if I have the standard sound system on a JK2015??
The upgrade will include just fit in the holes the speakers and sub buffer or it is a major job?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Hi
Anybody knows if I can buy and install the Alpine premium sound system after the Jeep have been fully assemble and delivered if I have the standard sound system on a JK2015??
The upgrade will include just fit in the holes the speakers and sub buffer or it is a major job?
Thanks
This would be a large job. There is significant electronics involved. You would be better off going to an audio shop and having them upgrade your system.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked the question because I just got a 2015 Rubicon, and it should have come with the premium system (I am in Australia and jeep told me that the Australian Rubicon model will bring the premium system) and they basically missed it while assembling my jeep back in USA

They are investigating how complicated will be to install it know or if it is much trouble to give me a compensation in $. Honestly I am not interested in a couple of thousands, I want to have my premium system but I am worry about how big and complicated is this job
The sales manager of the shop told me that he is waiting response from jeep (USA) but the first impression he got is that this could cost them a lot of money and they may prefer to compensate me with $$$ instead of installing the system
Anyone has had this problem or similar (in USA or outside of USA)?
Any idea how much $ compensation can I spec for something like this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like the easiest remediation would be to take the car back and give you the one you ordered. Why go through the audio system exchange?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like the easiest remediation would be to take the car back and give you the one you ordered. Why go through the audio system exchange?
Mate to get a Rubicon 2015 in Australia I waited 5.5 months it takes 6 weeks just transport from USA to Australia. The Jeep is right hand drive and it is an export model so there are few thing different

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Unfortunately my bet is they start by offering you the $750 (or whatever you paid) for the premium sound when ordering. Have you driven it off the dealer lot?....if so you own it and it will not be an easy negotiation. Just my opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I don't think a dealer would be willing to do the work. This is based on my experience shopping for a Willys JK (before I ended up ordering one). I saw one on the lot that was precisely what I wanted.....Tank, half doors, manual transmission, A/C. The only option I wanted that it lacked was the Alpine 9 speaker upgrade. I inquired if they could swap out the audio for an Alpine....I probably would have signed the papers that day. The salesman checked with the shop and they said they wouldn't do it. It's probably pretty labor intensive to change out a system as opposed to installing it as it's being built....would probably end up costing far more to do it afterwards than it cost on the original order. The Alpine upgrade was the only reason I ordered one instead of buying that one off the lot that day.

I think you should go in there and DO try to get a couple of grand out of them. Go to a good audio shop and get prices to install a system of similar quality and tell them that's what you want. You probably will spend a couple thousand getting a comparable system installed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think a dealer would be willing to do the work. This is based on my experience shopping for a Willys JK (before I ended up ordering one). I saw one on the lot that was precisely what I wanted.....Tank, half doors, manual transmission, A/C. The only option I wanted that it lacked was the Alpine 9 speaker upgrade. I inquired if they could swap out the audio for an Alpine....I probably would have signed the papers that day. The salesman checked with the shop and they said they wouldn't do it. It's probably pretty labor intensive to change out a system as opposed to installing it as it's being built....would probably end up costing far more to do it afterwards than it cost on the original order. The Alpine upgrade was the only reason I ordered one instead of buying that one off the lot that day. I think you should go in there and DO try to get a couple of grand out of them. Go to a good audio shop and get prices to install a system of similar quality and tell them that's what you want. You probably will spend a couple thousand getting a comparable system installed.
Thanks for your comment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts