Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
looks a bit like what would happen when the VHS tape hits the end or the signal is lost....

would suggest try disconnecting it at the main power lead (or just disconnect the negative battery lead) and let sit for a few minutes and reconnect and see if that clears, but I would think that might be a possible input issue? can you change to another input like reverse cam?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim I thought that too and I have had the unit out and checked all the connections. Only the screen goes off, the stereo keeps playing. Shut the Jeep off and waiting a couple minutes and it booted back up fine. The strangest part of the blue flash is it only happens in one spot in town.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
hmmm interesting, do you have any tv tuners or anything similar device hooked up, I assume you are able to replicate the issue each time? are you doing the same thing each time time it happens (tuning radio, setting USB music, ect)? just out of curiosity are there any external factors in the area (sat dishes, high power antennas, high power communications arrays, ect) near by when this issue happens?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nothing out of the ordinary in my vehicle. It always happens in the same spot on the interstate. The only reason I can come up with is that it is something from the airport is causing the glitch. I think it could be radio interference too. But it doesn't do it anywhere else around the airport...that's the strange part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts